White lies - Sodapop

Soda never let you be alone with Dally. That was just how your relationship was. With anyone else, he was totally fine. But when it came to Dallas Winston? Absolutely not. It was out of the question.
     It never used to bug you, the overprotectiveness and the jealousy when it came to Dally. You always chalked it up to the aftermath of Sandy cheating on poor Soda.
     And yet, here you are now. Angry words echoing through the house. Flowers he bought you a couple of weeks ago, now trembling in the vase every time one of you smacks a hand down on the table.
     "There is nothing going on between me and Dallas Winston!" You scream, even though you know it's not entirely true.
     "Then what the hell was that?" He snaps back. Soda doesn't get angry too often, but here he is. Desperate and angry and you're feel guilty because you know exactly what he's talking about.
     Of course, you'd never cheat on Soda. You'd never pick anyone else over him. But... there is something going on between you and Dally. It's the way he looks at you with a cigarette between his lips, the way he calls you doll and the way his breath on your neck leaves a shiver down your spine every time you hug him.
     And it's not like it's one sided, far from it. You see the pained expression on his face every time you kiss Soda. You know it kills him, and you know how badly he's aching to kiss you and just be with you.
     But you can't. It's Soda. You love Soda. It's true and you know it but there's always this little ache in you that is so into Dally. Dally and his intensity.
     You know what Soda was referring to. It was the way Dally kissed your cheek this afternoon.
     "It was nothing! I swear to you it was nothing!"
     He says nothing, he just looks at you like a kicked puppy, sad and desperate and broken.
     "Soda, I'm dating you. I love you. Okay? Not Dally. I like Dally as a friend, but that... that's all. That's all there is between Dally and I. It's always going to be you, I'm always going to pick you. I love you."
     After a long minute, he sighs. "Alright, I'm sorry."
     You hug him, gently kissing him. There was nothing to feel guilty about because technically you hadn't done anything wrong. And you knew you were being honest when you said that you would always choose Soda.
     What you didn't know was that a certain greaser had been standing outside the house, about to come in when he heard all the yelling.
And then he walked away, cigarette between his lips and on his way to Sylvia's.