1

I wake up to an empty house. Meaning Songi has already left for her morning classes and Taeo would be here shortly to pick me up and take us to our class. Yun taeo has been my best friend since I can remember. Before, I can go anywhere though I need to take a shower and get dressed. I do exactly that dressing myself in a sweater and some comfy jeans. Just as I'm doing the finishing touches to my outfit and makeup, Taeo walks into Songi and I's shared house. As I finish spitting out my mouth wash, I spot him in the mirror giving me a heart attack, "Yah Yun Taeo! Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" He just laughs and pats my head. I roll my eyes at him, "you're still as childish as when we were kids," He looks at me with mock hurt in his eyes, "Here I am giving you a ride to school and this is how you treat me?" I shake my head and walked out to his bike putting my helmet on. He gets on and I wrap my arms around his middle ready to go.

time skip~

Songi and I finish our classes around the same time, but Taeo still has some classes to attend to, so we take the bus home. "How was your ride with taeo?" she says nudging my shoulder. I roll my eyes, "the same as it is every day completely platonic," I say glaring at her. We get off the bus and walk toward our house only to find people taking our furniture and other possessions out of it. Songi immediately froze, "It's finally happening," she looked terrified. Her mom left her all alone a few months ago and hasn't come home. I offered to stay with her to split costs but it seems like it wasn't enough. "Come on!" I say as grab her arm and drag her to our house. We walked inside to find more people inside marking things with red stickers. "Wait! that's our stuff. You can't just take that!" While songi Tries to stop the repo men from hauling our stuff I spot a middle-aged woman staring at us sadly. "I didn't know anyone lived here," she said shamefully. "the rent hasn't been paid for a while now we thought no one lived here anymore," so not only did Songi's mom leave her she left her with no home now too. We try to gather our clothes and what we can carry before packing it up and leaving. 

We rode the bus to find somewhere to stay for the night. Suddenly, Songi turned to me, "Someone that goes to our school was in there. He saw us and now he probably pitties me," she sighed. I opened my mouth to say something but I stop. Instead, I hug her. "songi I'm sorry." She shakes her head. "It's not your fault my mom left me on my own," she said looking out of the window.

The next day we still go to school as if nothing happened. We went on with our day. But, that day was a day without a ride from Taeo.