43. siblings reunited

     HARPER DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO

     HARPER DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. She wanted so badly to tell someone about the letters she had been sending to Sirius, but she didn't know who to tell. Harry would be hurt for not telling him and Ron and Hermione weren't an option either. Both Remus and Dorcas would be furious—something Harper did not want to experience.

She sighed as she sat down in one of the booths of the Leaky Cauldron. It was Saturday and she was currently waiting for Cedric to make an appearance.

"Hello there," a voice said, making Harper snap out of her thoughts. She looked up and saw Cedric smiling down at her.

"Hi!" she exclaimed, a bit too squeaky as she jumped up.

He gave her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before taking a seat in front of her. "How has your summer been so far? Are you all right? I mean, with the whole Sirius Black thing?"

Harper looked at him and realized he might be the perfect person to tell everything to. "Summer was good, and well, about Sirius, there is something I need to tell you . . ."

Cedric frowned, clearly noticing her tone. He stood up again. "Let's buy ice-cream first," he said, "because I think you'll need it."

Harper smiled sheepishly and nodded. "Good idea."

The two of them made their way to the ice-cream shop and when Harper was about the pay for her ice-cream, Cedric stopped her. "It's on me."

"But—"

"No buts, Harp, let me be a gentleman."

Harper pursed her lips, but when she saw the determination in his eyes, she sighed and gave him a smile. "Thank you."

They sat down outside at one of the tables and Cedric glanced at her. He did not force her to talk about it and that's one of the things Harper liked about him. She finished her ice-cream, ordering her thoughts, before taking out the photobook she got from Remus back in first year. She placed it on the table between them and showed Cedric a picture of the Marauders.