Chapter thirty-five: Make him promise

*CASEY'S POV*

After our heartfelt moment we spent in the classroom, Becca, Tom and I went to our classes. My first period was chemistry, a class I was not dreading for two reasons. One it was not my favorite subject and two, my lab partner is no one other than Joshua Jonson. Someone who I would rather not speak at this moment.

Here I am, in the chemistry class with him beside me not paying a bit of attention. My life has become a mess that I can't solve on my own, like that experiment our teacher was telling us about that I didn't care to listen.

''Now it's your turn. You and your partner will do the same experiment with no help from me. When you're done just raise your hand for me to come and see the outcome.'' was the only thing I actually heard coming out of her mouth.

An experiment, of something I payed no attention to, with my lab partner whom I am not on speaking terms with. Wow, this will turn out just great. Hashtag eye roll.

I don't move to face him, and neither does he. Another person who is not moving is our teacher, sitting in front of the class, her hands crossed watching us like a hawk. She must have noticed we were the only ones who did not started to work.

''What's going on here?'' she asks now standing in front of our table

''We're not exactly on speaking terms.'' I explain

''I see. Well you two are going to have to figure it out, now please start the experiment. If you paid any attention to it, you will have no problem with it. '' she tells us and starts walking between the tables to watch others work.

I couldn't give a crap of this experiment, it's not gonna help me with anything in life. Being my stubborn self I decide to just rest my head on the table hopefully to fall asleep. But the moment I tried her voice resonated in the air again.

''That's it. Principal's office, both of you.'' she tells us from behind the class, knowing everyone must be staring right now.

I roll my eyes and pick up my bag. I don't look one time behind me to see if he is coming or not. I couldn't care less.

''Casey'' he tells my name from behind me. My steps becoming faster, not wanting to be beside him anymore. I ignore his attempt of talking to me.

''I am sorry.'' he tells me and I can hear his voice being more further. He must have stopped walking, something I did to when I heard those words.

''You're sorry?'' I turn and ask him, the distance between us now visible. ''You hid him in your house and protected him all this time. You betrayed me and showed me you care when you didn't. And you're sorry?'' Great case. Way to be emotional.

''Just- hear me out. ''

''Why so you could spread more lies?''

''I am not lying. I can explain Casey. If you would just let me.''

He's asking for a second chance, more like begging for one. I don't even know what he wants to explain, the fact is there laid on a blank sheet of paper, he hid him. Period. But then again, there's always more behind the story. I gave Tom a second chance, so it should only be fair if I give him a second chance too.

I take a deep breath hoping I am not gonna regret it.

''Tonight 7pm, your house. You have an hour. '' I tell him and head to the principal's office.

 '' I tell him and head to the principal's office