Chapter 48: Finals, part 4

It was now time for the fourth match. Kotohime stood across from Yakumo, both with intense glances. Everyone was watching very closely. Everyone thought that the only exciting match would be Sasuke's but they were proven wrong. Already they had three great fights and the two which were the most exciting was from Anko's two male students. It was a great showing and they expected nothing less from the heiress of the Kurama clan. They waited with anticipation.

Genma started the match and the fight started with a clash of steel. Yakumo's dagger was at a standstill against Kotohime's Fūma shuriken. They both fought for supremacy but neither was gaining an edge. That worried the Fūma member as she knew about Yakumo's frailty. The pushed off each other and engaged in a fight of blades. Both were looking for a clean cut but they were missing each other by a hair. Yakumo moved it and caught Kotohime's arm. She landed a blow to her chest that stunned her. Kotohime recovered quickly and nailed her with an elbow. This made Yakumo release her.

Kotohime grabbed her battle kimono and fell back. She threw Yakumo over her and rolled on top of her. She attempted to stab her with her shuriken but Yakumo was able to recover and deflect it with her dagger. Kotohime tried again and Yakumo used the dagger to hold the weapon off. As Kotohime attempted to push the tip into her, she caught a glint in her eyes. Kotohime found her surroundings different. She took her eyes off Yakumo to see that they were no longer in the stadium. When she turned back, she was straddling a pile of snakes. They hissed and launched themselves at her. She quickly got away, slashing and hacking at the serpents. As she backed away, her feet started to fell hot. She looked down to find herself on hot coals.

Kotohime jumped into the air only to be blasted with a flying kick. She hit the ground but was quick to get off the ground to avoid getting burned or stabbed. She launched her hair at Yakumo but the girl was nimble enough to avoid the attack. That's when she began to do hand seals.

"Magen: Jigoku Koka no Jutsu! (Demonic Illusion: Descending Hell Technique)" she shouted. Kotohime was now feeling the heat as a large fireball was coming at her. Knowing who she was fighting, Kotohime pulled out a syringe and stabbed herself in the arm. She pushed down and whatever was in it entered her system. That's when everything changed back for her. Yakumo was on edge and wondered what the hell she stuck herself with.

"I only have a short time so this is about to get real serious, real quick." Kotohime stated and launched her hair at Yakumo. Yakumo moved quickly to avoid the attack. Each tendril of hair was quick and tried to skewer her. She kept on the move, launching shuriken at the older teen. Yakumo's luck would run out as Kotohime was able to outflank her and wrap her up. She speared her with her hair but Yakumo only dissolved into blossom petals. Sucking her teeth, she quickly planted her hair into the ground.

"Kamishigure – Hagane Mori! (Hair Shower – Steel Forest)" Spears of hair shot out of the ground from all sides. It surrounded Kotohime, protecting her. This would work for her as Yakumo was cut. Yakumo quickly reappeared and was on a knee. She was attempting to hit her with a genjutsu but then she used that technique. While the two cuts she received on her arm was nothing, the gash on her leg hurt like hell. That's when Kotohime pressed her attack.

"Kamishigure – Rōga! (Hair Shower – Wolf Fang)" Wolves came out of the forest and rushed Yakumo. Victory was all but assured but that's when Yakumo began to glow.

"Magen: Mugetsu! (Demonic Illusion: Moonless Sky)" Kotohime watched at everything turned back. Her wolves were shredded to pieces as two huge black wolves appeared. Yakumo looked at her with her waving hair and her glowing eyes. "I do not know what you injected into yourself but it must help you neutralize my genjutsu. However, it will not neutralize this one. This is my special genjutsu and it cannot easily be broken by normal means. You will not escape the nightmare of the Mugetsu world! Genjutsu Kuchiyose: Sen Yurei! (Illusionary Technique Summoning: Thousand Ghosts)" Kotohime watched with awe as an army of ghosts rose from the ground. They were armed and armored. With a signal motion, the army charged.