Origin - Chapter 1

A/N: Warning, lot's of flashbacks and feels! Picture above is little Todo, before the whole boiling kettle incident. He's so cute!

Etsuko's POV

I've known since my quirks first appeared that I was special, a scientific phenomenon, seen only once before in a legendary hero, The Elemental Hero: Avatar. I was the result of a long line of quirk marriages, all leading up to the fateful pairing made by my grandparents. My mother had 3 elemental type quirks; water, wind, and ice. My father also had 3 elemental quirks; fire, earth, and lightning. As a couple, they made a complete set of elemental quirks. It was my grandparents intention for them to have children with multiple quirks, and so they did.

What they did not expect, was me. I, a child who had all 6 quirks, was born into this beautiful earth. My 2 elder brothers had multiple quirks, but I was the only one to have all quirks. I was like the freaking Avatar. But power comes with a cost. 1: I would have to train super hard to learn how to control my quirks, 2: Keep showing off to a minimum, even though I show off a lot, 3: Villains would likely come after me to kill me before I can use my powers against them, and 4: I would have to deal with not being liked because people often thought that I was way too overpowered.

But the last one didn't stop me from making friends, and a rival. I met Izuku and Katsuki when we were in kindergarten, a bit after that is when Katsuki gained his quirk. I was a bit of a late bloomer, my parents were worried that I would be quirkless. But my amount of quirks made up for it. Unlike Katsuki, I didn't let my amount of power get to my head, but I did have a little help from my mother. She taught me that modesty is one of the best traits for a woman to have. My mom was beautiful beyond compare, many say I look like her, though I don't think so.

My mother was sick. She became sick when I was 7, and remained in the hospital for 3 years. She died when I was 10 years old, and I'd often visit her at the hospital. That's how I met Shoto, or as I liked to call him, Candy Cane.

8 Years Ago *Flashback*

I walk through the busy streets of Musutafu, making sure to stay out of everyone's way. For a 7 year old, I was pretty tiny and thin. When I had gotten home a while ago, no one was there, so I decided to visit mom alone. I had put one of my mom's favorite dresses of mine on, even though I hardly ever wore the frilly things. I found comfort and sporty clothes much more appealing then the clothes my mother liked, much to her dismay. But, for mom, I'd make an exception.

When I reached the front doors of the hospital, I walked past the front desk and into the elevator, already knowing the location of my mom's room. Once I reached the desired floor, I began reading the numbers by the doors, searching for number 25. I opened the door and was met by an empty room, my mothers IV and slippers gone. "Mom! Where are you?" I began panicking, but one of the nurses found me and explained that my mom had gone to the room next door, to talk to her friend.

I knocked on the door, reading the number 26, and was welcomed in. "Hi sweetheart!" My mom greeted me. On the bed my mom was sitting on laid a beautiful woman with white hair and gray eyes, who looked to be my mothers age.

"Hi momma!" I greeted with a smile, going up to her and giving her a hug. I made sure not to hug her too tight. I then turned to the beautiful woman next to her. "Hi pretty lady!" I grinned, waving at her.

"My name's Rei Todoroki." She giggles, a smile lacing her features. "You're Etsuko right? That's a pretty dress you have on." She compliments me.

"Thank you Ms. Todoroki! But I only wore this because my momma likes these dresses, even though I don't like them. They're too poofy." I say, making a face when I talk about the dress. I twirl around once in my dress and land in a pose, making the two women laugh. "But I do rock it, don't I?"