A Rivalry?

Maybe this is some wicked dream.

I mean, I did have trauma back then.

I could just be at work, and completely zoning out. Creating an elaborate fantasy. 

But everything feels so real.

But I wonder.

Who's gonna be the first to escape?

I know it's not good to jump into such dark and desperate thoughts right away, and I want to believe no one would kill to get out of here..but the world isn't always so great.

I sighed, my chest feeling heavy...

Ding Dong!

I let out a muffled groan as I get up, and to my surprise it's Kaede.

"Hey Shuichi, are you doing okay?" Kaede's tone had a slight hint of worry. 

"Yeah, I just needed to think for a bit," I say pausing as Kaede hands me something.

"Here, it's a snack from the dining hall. I'd figure you want it, and also we meet at the dining hall at 8 am every morning.." Kaede smiles taking my hand and placing me the pack of cookies.

I blush slightly, it was uncalled for. Kaede is nice, and she's caring. I'm sure I can trust her to be my friend, she doesn't seem like she'd hurt a fly. 

"Thank you, Kaede." I give a warm and genuine smile, which is something I don't do often. 

"Let me know if you need anything Shuichi!" She says vibrantly and closes the door behind her. 

Kaede was right, I was quite hungry, and so I quietly munched on the cookies and feeling exhausted as ever.

But I go outside my dorm room and walk out to get fresh air.

I sit on the bench alone, in the nice weather, the suns going to set soon and just take time to breathe and reflect.

People come and go, like Angie or Gonta. 

We wave but that's really it, not really anything going on.

I feel hands on my shoulder as I jump.

"Nishishishi did I scare you Shuichi?" Kokichi's voice traveled to my ears.

"Yeah, you did" I start laughing, my tension seeming to fade at that moment. 

"But..why did you come here and why did you wanna talk to me.?  Not to sound harsh of course." I say kind of embarrassed. 

"Well, I mean you stormed off, and Kaede was at your room. I don't want you murdering anyone..not as you would but still." He says, with a more calm tone. 

"Well, I also wanna ask you a question Kokichi," I say, in a chilled tone.

He takes a spot next to me, and that's my cue to ask.

"Well, multiple.  But, has anyone figured a way out yet?" 

"Nope, this place is fully sealed." 

"Of course it is, it would be too easy.." I mutter

"Did you forget your memory as well?"

Kokichi nods. 

This was definitely a plan from Monokuma, but I mean I have a sick feeling a student is controlling Monokuma too...I mutter and shake my head.

Kokichi and I talk, at first about our situation than about ourselves, and eventually the announcement rings as we are laughing hysterically. 

"Perhaps this is where we part ways for the night Kokichi," I say smiling under the darkness.