Chapter 10

A/N: Hey guys! This is sadly the last chapter of The Poison Kiss. Now you're all about to be real mad at me because of this chapter. But it has to turn out this way for the sequel I have planned. After this chapter is posted and I get the sequel set up I'll post another chapter on this so you know what it'll be called and stuff (also a sneak peak and stuff). I still have to write the outline for that so stay tuned! Thank you all for sticking with this story and my weird updating schedule, which will be rectified in the sequel and I'll give you guys that schedule when give you all an update on the story. I'm going to copy and paste this at the end of the chapter too just in case someone just skips over this note.

Bonnie let the tears drip down her face and the sudden crash of emotion overcome her. It all flew past her in mere minutes but to Bonnie it felt like hours. Loneliness, sadness, anger, regret, love, and then...nothing.

She should have expected it, but it was always her that got the bad end of the deal wasn't it?

One day earlier

Bonnie curled into Klaus's side as a breeze flew past them, content to stay in her lovers' arms for the time being.

She turned to him.

"Klaus?"

He hummed in response as they sat on a picnic blanket looking out over Mystic Falls.

"What are we? I mean, what am I...to you?"

His gaze softened even more if that was even possible. He had taken her out to watch the sunrise.

"Well if I was to put a name to it, it wouldn't even come close to how I feel about you. And that sounds super cheesy," he said shaking his head. "But it's true, you are my lover, my love, my light, my everything."

She smiled an leaned her head up to peck him on the mouth.

"I love you," she whispered.

He didn't say it back, but Bonnie knew what he felt.

It was later when she was with Damon that she noticed something off. It was like the world was shaking and Damon and Bonnie both realized what was happening.

Bonnie stood up from her chair quickly and Damon looked solemn. It was then that Klaus sped into the room. He cradled her face in his hands and Bonnie looked up at him.

Would they remember?

"Bonnie, I remember everything, the reality, I-I I'm so sorry..."

"Shh, it's okay, I forgave you long before Klaus."

"No-No I'm going to forget you," he whimpered. "I don't want to..."

The world shook around them and a blinding light seemed to fill the whole room.

"I love you Bonnie."

"I love you..." she whispered back.

He kissed her gently on the lips, and just like they came, they left.

Bonnie opened her eyes to darkness. But it wasn't like the forest she disappeared in. She was in her room at the boarding house. She quickly sat up and immediately left the room, she walked down the hallway to the living room.

Elena gasped when she her. "Bonnie?" Then she seemed surprised by something else. "Damon? Caroline?"

Wait, Caroline?

She turned to see the two. Then back to Elena.

"Elena, how long have we been gone?"

"You, Caroline, and Damon have been asleep for six months."

She sighed. So, it had been the same amount of time as they had been gone. Then she remembered, Klaus!

"I've got to go."

She rushed out of there, ignoring Elena's protests and got in her car. Which someone must have brought when they found her.

She drove as fast as she could to the Mikaelson mansion, probably breaking many traffic laws along the way.

When she got there, she ran to the door and knocked urgently.

A smirking Kol answered the door.

"Why hello little witch. What is so important that you had to come her in the middle of the night?"

She opened her mouth to speak.

"Could it be about my dear brother? I'm guessing if you're awake, he's waking up in his room upstairs right about now."

He vampire sped her to the side of the house, hissing. "What did you do witch?"

"Brother!"

She sighed in relief, Klaus.

"Let her go."

Kol just looked confused.

"Come on, were leaving."

"What?" Kol asked.

"There is nothing left in this town for us anymore."

Kol reluctantly let her go. And Bonnie rubbed her sore throat.

She grabbed Klaus's hand as he started to walk away.

"Klaus?"

"What?" he asked almost annoyed.

She just shook her head in confusion.

"Klaus, don't you remember?" She cradled his cheek with one hand and stepped closer. "Klaus, I don't understand."

He shrugged her off. "I don't know what you did to me, but I am suddenly feeling less murderous. So, I'm going to take my siblings and leave. Leave you all alone. I don't know what I'm supposed to remember."

She flinched back as if she had been burned. "You-you don't remember?"

"Sorry love."

Then he was gone.

That's how Bonnie found herself sitting on her bed, her knees up to her chest and her hands clutching a bear, while silent tears streamed down her face.

Bonnie let the tears drip down her face and the sudden crash of emotion overcome her. It all flew past her in mere minutes but to Bonnie it felt like hours. Loneliness, sadness, anger, regret, love, and then...nothing.

She should have expected it, but it was always her that got the bad end of the deal wasn't it?

She heard a soft knock at the door and Bonnie looked up to see Caroline.

"Hey," Caroline said softly.

"Hey..."

Caroline sat on the bed and looked at her.

"I'm sorry...for Klaus and not telling you I knew that we were in the dream world. It just...didn't seem like the right time. You had enough to worry about and I was just enjoying what it was like to be human again. And I should have done that I should have been helping you figure out what was going on, but I was selfish."

Bonnie shook her head. "I don't blame you. If I could ignore what was going on just to be with my grams for a little longer, I would have," she sniffed. "And after everything that happened with Kol I know coming to see me wasn't your only motive for being here. I think that you should be with him, even if he doesn't remember or if he wasn't even there."

"I think you should take your own advice Bonnie."

And Bonnie just looked down at her folded knees. She had lost the man she loved.

A/N: Hey guys! This is sadly the last chapter of The Poison Kiss. Now you're all about to be real mad at me because of this chapter. But it has to turn out this way for the sequel I have planned. After this chapter is posted and I get the sequel set up I'll post another chapter on this so you know what it'll be called and stuff (also a sneak peak and stuff). I still have to write the outline for that so stay tuned! Thank you all for sticking with this story and my weird updating schedule, which will be rectified in the sequel and I'll give you guys that schedule when give you all an update on the story. This note is posted up top too.