f o u r

Your Apartment
7:30 P.M.
___________

"FUCK!"

You cussed out loud in pain as you stupidly rammed your toe into the metal leg of your bed. Ouch... You clenched your hands into tight fists, plopping down on the edge of your mattress. Sudden anger boiled your blood as you brought up your throbbing toe to your face, looking over the dark bruise. Lovely. You fell on your ass twice today, scraped your knee nearly killing yourself by carelessly jumping onto a moving train, and now this. All I want is a nice, hot shower and then to get some rest after a long day! you yelled, internally. Is that so much to ask?

You sighed heavily and stood back up, stomping out of your room, heading into your bathroom just across the hall. You faced the mirror above the sink, scanning over your dulled features. You noticed there were bags under your eyes and the hair coming out of your ponytail was frizzy as hell. It was a long and hectic day for you at work. Chasing deviant androids wasn't what you expected to be doing, after all. Even so, you still made zero progress on the investigation.

You thought back to the deviant Connor and you were after earlier, the image of your gun trained on the frightened machine appearing in your mind.

"Please. Ive done nothing wrong," his words echoed in your head. "I just want to be free. They'll detroy me if you turn me in..."

And then what he had said to Connor, glaring at him.

"Why are you doing this? You're one of us. You're helping humans but you're just their slave."

What exactly had the machine meant by wanting to be free and what the hell kind of software malfunction caused the deviant to even have thoughts like this? You hadn't even the slightest clue. Thinking about it made your head hurt.

You sighed and removed the tie from your hair, letting your (H/C)  locks fall to your shoulders. You then removed your necklace, a special charm attached to the chain clinking against the sink as you placed it down gently. Next, you slipped off your top and jeans, then your underwear before unclipping  your bra from behind, letting everything flutter onto the bathroom floor.

Opening the glass sliding door of your shower, you leaned down and turned on the faucet, then the shower head. The sound of water hitting the tub floor was like music to your ears. You hurriedly stepped in and sighed satisfyingly, feeling the warm water drops hitting your body. You moved your head into the falling water, pushing all of your hair back to get it wet.

"Now this is what I needed..." you murmured to yourself, gliding your fingertips through your damp strands.

DING DONG!

"AH!"

You instantly lost your balance at the unexpected sound, your foot slipping on the wet, shower floor. You fell butt first onto the hard tub, letting out a loud groan in pain. You waved your arms in the air, trying to grab onto something. You flipped your wet strands back as you pulled yourself up to your feet.

Alright, who the hell would be at your door at almost eight o'clock at night? You weren't expecting any family over tonight... were you? You slid open the shower door slightly, poking out your head.

Oddly enough, your door bell didn't go off again. You slowly pulled your head back in the shower.

Guess they went away—

DIINNGGGGGGGG—!

"WHAT THE HELL?!" you exclaimed as the sound of your bell buzzed continuously throughout your apartment. You groaned loudly at the annoying sound, turning off the shower before pushing open door. You quickly sprung out your hair and stomped out the tub.