Part seven.

Besides the aching muscles, this morning felt like any other, except... maybe with a slightly heavier heart.
In all honesty, the day I was sent back to earth was what I believed to be the last day I'd ever lay eyes on Loki, and I had been making peace with that.
I couldn't say that calling him down was a mistake, but it's definitely something I'm rethinking now that he was gone again. His presence was something unmistakable, and without it, I almost felt like I was grieving a loss.
Life had to go on as usual though, and that it did.

I realized now that I had to be more selective when it came to the information I allowed into my body, because I don't know if I'd be able to handle another infinity stone, or anything close to it for that matter.

If I would've known this was going to happen, I don't think I would've made myself as visible as I did.

***

Radar,

I'd like to apologize on behalf of SHIELD. The information available to us on who you are is very limited, and without knowing the full extent of your abilities, the team is overly cautious.
I hope nothing that has happened over the past 48 hours has caused you to reconsider your offer.

I'd like to meet, one on one, to discuss possibly developing a mutual partnership, although, it won't truly be one on one as I'll be required to be accompanied by some form of backup. I believe you understand.

The rendezvous point and all minute details are for you to decide.

Leopold Fitz

***

SHIELD BASE
10:48am

"Is it sent?" Coulson questioned, walking back into the room.

A sigh left Fitz's lips, "We really shouldn't be trying to do this— not now."

"Well we don't really have a choice," Coulson began to explain, "With everything that's just happened, she's a flight risk now and we can't afford to lose her."

"Couslon, maybe Fitz is right." Jemma shrugged, "If Radar had plans of leaving, she would have by now."

"Regardless, we can't risk it," May added, "Especially knowing now that she has a God on her side."

Coulson nodded, "I want another set of eyes on her building— any sign of anything out of the ordinary is to be reported immediately."

***

Having these abilities for so long came with a lack of fear, and I had yet to decide if that was a positive or negative aspect, but I supposed I'd only truly find the answer to the question when it was much too late to make a change.

Fitz,

On 8th and Sherman in midtown, there's a small family run bagel shop. Order what looks good, leave a nice tip, and ask them where I am.

5:15pm
Today

Radar

***

"Welcome!" A cheerful voice breathlessly spoke, the woman it came from obviously overwhelmed as she juggled multiple large pans, "I'll be with you in just one second!"

Fitz nodded briefly, the bells hung from the door chattering behind him as he walked further into the establishment. It was warm and inviting, despite the cramped layout.

"You're in luck, I just pulled a fresh tray not ten minutes ago." She spoke, skipping back up to the front of the store as she slung a red dish towel over her shoulder, "Is this your first time here? You look a bit lost." She joked.

"Uh yeah- yeah, actually." Fitz spit out, caught off guard by the woman's perception, "Any suggestions?"

"Hmm, well..." She hummed, leaning over the counter to admire the shops display, "Are you a more savory or sweet man?"

"Sweet- sweet, probably."

"Then I have to recommend our most popular— the cinaswirl is to die for." She leaned back, a warm smile on her face.

"Then I'll take that, please." Fitz decided, pulling his wallet out from his back pocket as the shops owner transferred the goods into a personalized paper bag.

"$3.56"

Fitz nodded slightly, holding out his debit card before rifling through his wallet once more, pulling out a twenty and sticking it in the small glass jar labeled tips.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening!" The woman smiled, handing Fitz back his card and pushing the bagged sweet across the counter.

Pausing momentarily after grabbing the bagel, Fitz glanced around the room before looking back at the woman, who now held a confused expression.

"I'm sorry— I think I'm looking for someone?"

"You think?" She chuckled, "Well, was someone supposed to meet you here? A date?"

"No- no, she uh, she told me to... ask for her?"

"She... told you to ask for her? Ask who— me?" She chuckled, taking the towel from her shoulder and brushing off the countertop, "You're going to have to be a bit more specific- oh... oh wait a second! Gah, I swear I have the worst memory! That's what having four kids will do to you." She continued to joke, "A customer of mine did come in earlier saying someone might come in later today and ask about her— I was told to say that she'll be at the Glenmore park; just down the street."

Fitz let out a relieved breath, "Thank you— and thank you for the bagel!"