The Pitt's chalet!

"Ugh it's so beautiful in here and I love that it's away from everything" I stare at the white scenery. It's only 3 in the afternoon but it's already dark and other chalets lights are already on

"I know...we've been coming here since Catie is two and Brad and I decided we wanted to keep it as a tradition...it was nothing like what it is right now though. It was way smaller with two bedrooms with a really sad vibe, I wanted us to buy a bigger chalet you know, already great, but he thought it'll be best to buy an old one and rebuild completely the way we like it....so it took us a year but the result was pretty great"

"Well it's beautiful, I think I could stay here the whole year"

"You know what, whenever you need to get away from Michael or Calie just tell me and I'll give you the keys. For real."

"Thank youuu, I'm not gonna say no to that...we used to have hot Christmases with the kids. We would always go to Hawaii or Mexico or an island somewhere... Michael and the kids always preferred that, so this is our first Christmas with snow in 20 years"

"Wow...we only did that once and quickly missed the snowmen and snow angels"

We stay there in silence enjoying our precious time drinking our hot chocolates and listening to the laughs of our family inside

"You know I sometimes feel really guilty cause I tell myself if I wasn't married and didn't have my kids there are so many things, so many dreams I could've followed and don't get me wrong I love my kids to death but just...I sometimes think about it"

she hesitates before talking and I can see she's unsure of what my reaction would be

"Oh my god of course, I think about that all the time. don't feel guilty for that, it's completely normal I think...I have many dreams I put away when I had Catie, many things Brad and I thought we'll be able to do even if she was there but we gave up...for example we decided we were going to go to the wild life for a month somewhere in Africa to just reconnect with nature and a month later I was pregnant with Ally...I was offered an amazing role in a movie and they were shooting in Japan for 6 months, I was in love with that script but because I didn't want to move my kids from their school and environment I decided to decline it..."

"And the weird thing is that we wouldn't change a thing in the life we have now...I think my family is worth every sacrifice, and everything happens for a reason, they're my best investment"

"I know...Brad and I always say we're living the best movie ever with our kids being the writers"

"I like that...I love them so much"

"I hope you're talking about us" Michael says as him and Brad join us outside "Holy cow it's so cold why aren't you guys covered more?"

Brad sits next to me, pulling me on his laps while Michael pulls Carol next to him "Well now you can get me warmer with your arms" I cuddle him kissing him sweetly

"I don't remember you guys being so over each other haha... I love it, it's great to be so in love even after almost 30 years" Carol looks at us with a huge smile

"Hey, we're not too bad either" Michael acts upset as he kisses her "I know babe...we're great I love you. I just sometimes don't know how I've been supporting your cold feet in my bed for so long"

"So you have cold feet uh?" Brad smiles making fun of Michael

"Should we talk about your snoring for over 10 years now honey?" I smirk making Michael laugh this time

"Oh come on Jen it's been less than 10 years" he acts upset

"Oh yeah 9 years it makes all the difference" I roll my eyes "Maybe but lately you've been liking what happens before the snoring" he says stroking my butt from behind making it impossible for Carol and Michael to see anything