Chapter 1 | Just The Usual

I sit at my desk at the back of the class in the seating plan. Mr Harris always puts us in seating plans and it sucks, because I'm right behind the worst person in the world. Julian Vex. He has his hands on the back of his head and I swear he's purposely trying to sit as tall as possible in his chair just so I can't see the whiteboard.

I give up leaning to the side so far to see the board and I lean my head against my hand on the desk with a bored expression on my face. I have my gaze on the window to see outside. Maths sucks and I suck at it. The crows go insane outside, screaming the school down. Everyone is so quiet in Maths. Not one person speaks, and Mr Harris makes this even worse as he looks among the crowd of bored students, "So, nobody has any questions?" He asks, raising his non-existent eyebrows expectantly, "Alison, how has your week been so far?" I snap my attention back to the teacher and process what he said.

"Uh... Good?" I make my answer sound like a question.

"Okay," He sighs, leaning against an empty desk from the front. I feel everyone's eyes on me. I hear Julian snicker quietly, but I ignore it. Typical. "What will you be doing this weekend then?" Mr Harris continues to question.

"I don't know." I say, half-sarcastically. I still feel everyone's eyes on me and it annoys me. I swear he's trying to humiliate me.

"That's all? Gosh, this class is pretty boring." He sighs and stands up straight, tugging the collar of his jacket and walking back to his desk at the front. He gathers his things and everyone takes that as their cue to grab their things and stand from their desks. I gather up my own books and gold and black pencil case. "Hats on." Mr Harris commands us all, glancing over the class as he turns for the door of the classroom. I ignore the teacher's demands. It's the end of the day anyway.

Julian turns to face the girl beside me. She's friends with all of the guys in his group. That includes Harley Nicholas. The four of the guys- Julian, Harley, Kilo McMary, And Nolan Malcom- all make their way towards Molly Cunningham and immediately begin to chat. I feel really outcast, yet in the middle of their conversation. I glance up at Harley across the two desks from me and as soon as we make eye contact I quickly look away and he does the same. His messy brow hair becomes almost a dark blonde colour towards the front, and his hazel eyes are the most amazing part about him. I want to look at him again, but can't bring myself to look up at him again.

I slowly inch away from the group, straying away only a metre, before Mr Harris calls out to the class, "Alright, go pack your bags. Don't leave until the bell goes." Everyone instantly rushes towards the door of the classroom. I take my time and step outside of the classroom door.

The sun beams down on my face, causing me to reach a hand up to shield my eyes from the bright, blinding sun...