Chapter Two

"When are we going to tell him?" Sam Winchester asked his brother, worry lacing his voice.
     Guilt gnawed at Sam's soul. He had pushed Dean into training Rox when this new monster made itself known. Every hunter they knew was trying to fight it. But there never seemed to be just one.
     "Dean, Nico is out there. We know a weakness. Because of your son!" Dean looks away with pain flashing through his eyes.
     "When we were fighting against Michael and dealing with Jack, we said we would find a beach somewhere and just sit back and relax once it was all over. Now Cas is dead, Rox may be paralyzed for the rest of his life, and there are nine fucking monsters out there that we know nothing about." Dean turns back to his brother, the scar slashed against his cheekbone stark in the dim hospital lights.
     "If my," he pauses, silver lining his eyes.
     "If my son never walks again, it's my fault. I sent him out there. Alone. I should've...I should've been by his side. I-" Dean stops, unable to form the words.
     Sam took one glance at his brother and looked away, unable to watch him fall apart.
     "Dean, I know you're still hurting because of what happened to Cas and I-" his older brother cut him off with a snarl.
     "You will never talk about Cas. Never." He growled, fury and despair igniting his eyes.
     Sam's eyes widened at the pure rage in Dean's face. He backed up with his hands held out in front.
     "Okay. Okay. I'm sor-"
     "Dad?"
     Rox's voice interrupts Sam's apology as it drifts out into the hallway. The second his son speaks, all rage and grief disappears from his brother's face. Sam and Dean rush into Rox's room, worried something was wrong.
     Rox looks at Sam with a sheepish smile.
     "Um, can I talk to my dad alone?"
     "Yeah." Sam nods and walks out, curiosity growing with each step.
************************************
     Rox watches his father walk over to his bed, worry etched in the lines on his face. The young hunter had woken up to voices trapped in argument and no feeling in his toes.

   "Why can't I feel my toes?" He asks his father, hoping he knows the answer.
     I need to know if it's permanent. If I'll still be able to hunt. I just started. I can't stop now.
     His father sighed and placed his hand on his son's shoulder.
     "We don't know. We've done every test possible and they're all negative."
     Rox leans his head back on his pillow and looks at the ceiling, suddenly feeling a weight press down in his body.
     "I've trapped you, my sweet child. You can't go anywhere. And you'll never catch me." Soft laughing follows the hiss of the voice in his head.
     Rox opens his eyes, gasping. "It's Nico. He....he paralyzed me so I couldn't escape. So I couldn't catch him." He yells, struggling for a breath.
     "SAM. CALL ROWENA. NOW." Dean yells to his brother.
     "What do I tell her?" Sam asks, popping his head in the doorway, phone in hand.
     "Nicolas Bourbaki paralyzed Rox. We need to see if she can undo it."
     Sam gives his brother an unsure  glance and relays the information to the powerful witch, hope flaring in his chest. Maybe he'll be okay.
************************************
     "Nicolas, what are we going to do about the boy? He's dangerous." Vetomo growls at the lead bishop.
     "I've dealt with him. We do not need to worry. Nothing can fix him." Nicolas Bourbaki says with a smile, his pale lips pulling back to reveal razor sharp teeth.
     "But master, what about the Winchesters? They have power stowed away." Andre says in the Dema dialect, his words crushing together. The lower caste bishop had never been deemed worthy to learn the strange Earth language. He was picked the best fit to track the brothers when that foolish man left the door open upon escaping. (This line sucks ass but I don't know how to fix it yeet) He exploits the council with his words and keeps them at bay with his...his..yellow objects. He was not supposed to escape. Not allowed to escape. It was Andre's fault. He ket the Joseph man fool him. Get past his careful guard. He is the best fit. They didn't need him involved in making decisions. He'd probably get them killed.
     "What powers?" Nicolas looks at the disappointment, his red eyes glowing in curiosity and rage.
     "It is unknown. A purple light surrounds the bunker at times. The light is brimming with a strange power I am unfamiliar with. The source of the energy has not made itself present." Fear wound itself around Andre's shell of a heart. Nicolas' eyes were vibrating with rage.
     "You had one job, Andre. Gain as much knowledge as possible. But you did not do this. Your knowledge has HOLES." Nicolas hisses and takes his claws across Andre's face. Black blood wells in the cuts.
     "Go. Follow the Winchesters and don't return until you know everything." Nicolas growls and turns away, wishing he could just kill the bishop. He's useless.
     I'm flying from a fire. From Nico and the Niners.