Chapter Seven - History Repeating Itself.

So today was something... From all of the kissing to taking off our clothes to my father being at the front door. I just want to have some alone time with James... Is that too much to ask? Besides, I have also found out that he is staying in Belgrade for like ten days.

I need to have some more time with him because I don't know if after this I will ever see him again.

I know I sound overdramatic, but I am honestly scared of losing him because he lives in L.A... my dream city. Half the globe away from my home, Belgrade.

Why am I even bothering?... When he leaves Belgrade... when he leaves me, he will most likely find someone else who will replace me, maybe someone even better than me. I know I want him, I want him more than anything right now, but I have to face it, I have to face the horrid world and its truths. God... why does life have to be so beautifully-brutal?

I wish I can fly with him to Los Angeles, but how will I settle in. It is like landing on another world. I have to get to know and learn all the things in and around Los Angeles. I would need time to adapt for sure. I will also not be within an hour flight to Belgrade like I am in Euromania, Germany. I have never been farther from my parents then I am now, in Germany.

I don't want to think about it, but it is like my mind wants me to go crazy so it keeps on bringing up L.A. and James and how he is going to leave me... Love can hurt like a bitch at times...

Moving away from that depressing topic of James leaving and so forth, I should spend this time with him as if these ten days would be the last days of my life.

The thought of him leaving brings tears to my eyes.

Okay... We should go back to the story now...

I know at first my parents were not happy that I didn't tell them about James, but in my defence, I met him today... while waiting in line to get checked-in.

Also, that drama caused by my dad was very unnecessary, it honestly was. It got us all... kinda tensed, especially my mother. Thank god dad didn't tell her that we were about to fuck, that would have been even more awkward.

For what I knew, the day was not going to go on well, and when my parents would get me alone with them, I knew I was dead.

That was what I thought...

As if by some miracle of some sort, the day began to go better. My parents got closer to James and I think that they like him!

James told my parents and my something about himself and we got to tell him something about us.

I got to learn some new things about him and so did he about me, one of them being that my grandmother is sadly ill. It is only a matter of time before she is gone forever.

He told me and my parents about his mother, she died while he was still very young. For some amount of years, it was only him and his father. He said that those few years were one of the hardest years he had to live through. He said how his father became an alcoholic, that was his only way to cope with her death.

When he would come home from school, glasses of beer would await him throughout the house. He would find his dad, passed out, on the couch in the living room.

Most of the times, James had to prepare the food by himself because his dad couldn't do it...

He knew that his father was having a hard time dealing with the death of his mother, but he has him too. He should get his attention onto him because, back then, James was only a child, he needed a parent to take care of him.

Then, his dad met his current wife and James's current stepmother, she changed everything but for the better. It took some time but his father succeeded in coming out clean from alcohol. He says how she is so nice towards him and his father, she is like his real mother. He said how his dad couldn't have found a better woman, but his real mother is never to be beaten.

He told me how he wanted to find the woman of his dreams, just like his father did, twice.

He didn't have much luck though. He has been to clubs, nights out with friends... there isn't a place where he didn't go in L.A.

He said how he was going to give up on everything, how he was going to give up on life. It is bad enough that his parents live in New York while he is in Los Angeles. Work is very stressful, life began to become harder, he felt like doing what his father did, turn to drinking. Drown his everyday miseries with alcohol and fantasizing about having a partner, fantasizing about love...

Then he got called to fly over to Euromania, work reasons, and he spent a few weeks in the big city, before deciding to visit Belgrade for the two weeks he was off work. It was a mere coincidence that he decided Belgrade, but it was one of the best decisions that he has ever made.

He went into the airport, hoping that he will get through the security and so forth quickly so that he won't be late for his flight. It was also at that airport and at that time when he unexpectedly found someone... that was when he found me.