T equals indefinite Chapter 1

Liath

Chapter 1

T equals indefinite…

Fantasy

SpeakingTruth

‘’Are you going to eat that?’’ My friend Miya asked me, gesturing toward the slice of pizza on my plate.

‘’Go ahead.’’ I sighed, shoving the plate toward her. Another Monday with the same routine...Wake up, go to school, eat lunch with my best friends and then go home, exiting I know!

Miya picked up the slice of pizza and moved it toward her lips to take a bite, then dropped it back on the plate. She tugged her long, light brown hair behind her ear, focusing her crystal blue eyes on me. Miya and I had been friends ever since she stood up to a bully who took my glasses in kindergarten.We always spent time at each other’s house, just not as much since we both got boyfriends. Miya slightly scrunched up her face when she noticed I was staring at her, I smiled at her and twiddled my fingers in a wave, trying to make it less creepy for staring at her but I think it made it look worse... She waved back at me, probably thinking I was a weirdo. She shrugged it off as she took another bite of my pizza.

‘’Hot guy four o’clock,’’ my other friend Ashley announced.

Miya and I met Ashley in the first year of high school. She was too confident for her own good; that was how we became friends. Ashley scared off all the other girls because she came across too strong but really she was a very nice girl once you get to know her and she was a huge flirt with the guys.

Unlike Miya and I ,Ashley didn’t have a boyfriend. Not like she couldn’t get one, she just preferred the single life and who could blame her? She had the brightest shade of blonde hair that formed perfect curls at the end, her eyes were a strong emerald colour and she was super skinny, yet she ate like a pig! The guys practically worshiped her.

I however, was the complete opposite. I had plain, straight dark hair and deep brown eyes, which slightly changed colour to a more golden brown without my contacts in.I was medium height, neither fat nor skinny and I was a complete nerd. I always had my head in books!

The three of us turned our heads to check the guy out. One, he was pretty hot.Two, he sported a bad boy look with blue eyes and jet black hair. Attractive?Not!Okay, I had to admit there was some attraction there, but the guy was not a distraction I needed. I had other priorities, such as important exams and a boyfriend to concentrate on and definitely didn’t need the drama.

Speaking of my boyfriend, I looked passed my two best friends, who were busy eyeing the hot guy with their mouths wide open, and scanned the cafeteria in search of him. He was nowhere to be found, leading me to believe he must be at his locker or something.

I first met Jace two years ago, when I got a summer job at McKlunkies as a waitress. He came up to me and asked if could he have fries with that shake and I immediately slapped him in the face, which my boss witnessed and fired me because of. He tried to make it up to me by bringing me out for dinner. At dinner, I got to know him better and found out he had been dared to ask me that and he was really sorry I got fired. I forgave him and after three more dates we started going out. I guess I fell for his big, brown eyes and messy dark hair.

‘’Think I can get him?’’ Ashley asked, while flipping her hair and batting her eyes at the guy.

'’Over my dead body!’’ Miya responded, never taking her eyes off him.

I rolled my eyes at the two and opened my calculus book. So if x is equal to...

‘’Hello, ladies.’’ I heard aguy’s voicebehind us. I looked up and there stood the hot guy. His close proximity startled me, causing me to jump slightly.