Chapter one

Chapter 1

Draco Pov

I can not believe that we have to do this stupid Boggart thing! I avoided it in third year bt how do I get out of it this time?! They can't know ...they cant. I've been hiding my secret for my whole life, all those years... will be for nothing! Fathers made painfully clear what'll happen to me if anyone finds out, and that one time I defied him.... Well, I have a reminder of that time on my left side, my biggest scar.

These thoughts were swirling in my mind until I heard Professor call my name.

"Draco malfoy!" Professor Lupin called.

I could feel a knot begin to form in my stomach. I heard the weasel and that wretched potter start talking behind my back. I picked up a few words like 'bet it's not having his magic' oh if only. I started walking up to the closet which held my boggart in it, all eyes locked on me. Pansy, Blaise, Goyle and Crabbe were looking anxious. They knew what it would be. The Griffyndorks were smiling. I bet they couldn't wait to see. Let's just get this over with! I took a deep breath and put on my best malfoy mask, I've become quite the professional at it. I opened the closet and took a few steps back as I watched the figure start to come out of the closet. Out she ran... my little muggle sister, Ariana, killed by my father at the beginning of the summer when I returned last year. He never loved her, he never loved me, mother just sat by and watched it happen. She was only bloody 5!

Ariana started to run to me, calling out that sweet nickname she had for me. "Drakey!" she reminded me of Pansy. Pansy of course was not allowed to use the nickname anymore. I stared as Ari ran to me, it hurts seeing her knowing that she wasn't real. I bit my lip as the class started to murmur, they were confused, why was the great draco malfoy scared of a mere child? Their questions would soon be answered. Ari had attached herself to my leg, and then out came father. Lucius malfoy stepped out of the closet and that is when I started to panic. The fake Ari was also panicking, and then she started talking.

"Drakey why are you letting him come closer?!"

"Drakey do you not love me anymore?!"

She kept repeating as Lucius was coming closer, as he saw the distress on Ari's face, that sick sadistic grin grew on his face, a grin I was all too familiar with from all those times he loved to see me in pain whilst he used the cruciatus curse on me and the other times when he resorted to muggle methods. The class however was more than confused as they couldn't comprehend the scene unfolding in front of them. Lucius had finally made his way to where he wanted to be and pulled out his wand. He pointed it at Ari and.... "CRUCIO" he called, I winced at the memories that word brought back, and shut my eyes as I heard the fake Ari scream, call my name as she used to do. I could hear gasps from around the room. Who was this girl? They must have thought, and why was she being tortured by Lucius malfoy.

When the curse had finally been lifted, the fake Ari said something that broke me.

"I hate you draco! If you loved me then you wouldn't let this happen! It'S ALL YOUR FAULT" She screamed.

I knew she was fake but I couldn't help it, she sounded like Ari, she looked like Ari and the look of hate on her face was too much for me to bare. I stumbled backwards dropping my wand that I was holding on to, forgetting everything and everyone around me, and then my father yelled those words loud and clear for everyone to hear, "AVADA KEDAVRA" and just like that, Ari was gone ...again. I started taking in deep breaths when I saw her lifeless body on the stone floor of the classroom. When I looked around I could see mouths gaping and some had tears, Pansy was covering her mouth and her eyes were red. When I looked at the golden trio I could see Potter and the weasel's mouth had practically hit the floor and the mudblood had her hand on her mouth.

My attention went back to Ari however, memories were filling my head and I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"I CANT SEE THIS AGAIN!" gripping the sides of my hair. This seemed to snap the professor out of his trance because suddenly he shouted "Riddikulus!" and looked at me with pity. Pansy had ran up to me and hugged me and started repeating things over and over, softly but clearly audible in the silent room "It's okay" "You'll be okay" "She's in a better place now" Blaise was behind her muttering curses at my father. I gave in not giving a damn about all the people around me and started to sob into pansy and fell into the floor. Professor lupin knew it wasn't best to move me so he decided to take the class outside and leave pansy with me, everyone other one of my friends stayed except for Blaise, someone had to explain what happened. When they left I sobbed like I've never sobbed before.

Blaise POV

God poor Draco. That bastard of a father should be in Azkaban. I followed the class outside since I decided to answer their questions. As soon as Professor Lupin shut the doors people started talking about what happened in there, I didn't care for much of their murmurs except for one, "He probably staged the whole thing" what did that Griffyndork just say?! I stomped over and started screaming "DON"T YOU DARE SAY THAT YOU IGNORANT LITTLE BRAT! I KNOW HE DIDN'T STAGE IT SINCE I WAS THERE WHEN-" I slapped a hand over my mouth, god I almost talked about her death. That Gryffindork was quiet now, good. "Mr.Zabini would you mind explaining what we saw in there." God, here goes.

"That little girl in there was Draco's little sister. She was never loved by Lucius. And...well, everything else is painfully clear from what we saw in there." It hurts to talk about Ari, she didn't even get a funeral. Professor Lupin had a look of pity mixed with shock. The Slytherins felt bad for our prince, he might have seemed bad out of the house but he had helped many of the slytherins, we all cared for him. When his mask wasn't on he could be quite likeable. I turned to the trio who looked like they were still trying to comprehend what they just heard, and I made my way to potter who was standing in the middle of the Granger and weasley. "And YOU Potter, if any of us here about you making fun of Draco about this then we'll hex you into next sunday. That goes for the lot of you!" The slytherins of course agreed with me immediately. Granger spoke up for Potter who had a look in his eyes that I couldn't understand. "Hey! We would never do that! We aren't like you slimy snakes!" Ohhh here we gp, that dumb racism against slytherins.

"Really, when all else fails you go to that dumb house racism. Just cause you're sorted into the house of lions doesn't mean that you're some sort of goody two shoes unable to do bad saviors. Draco hasn't even done anything this year, he's been grieving, and you three haven't made that easy for him!" I yelled at Granger. "Little miss know it all-". I was cut off by Pansy bursting through the doors.

"DRACO'S HAVING A PANIC ATTACK!"