Semblance

Leave Out All The Rest // Linkin Park
____

"Can I sit here?"

"No." I said, not looking up from my parchment.

"Well, there's nowhere else to sit, and since you have a free spot, I'm sitting here."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at the tall Ravenclaw.

Audrey was a sweet girl. A gossip, but sweet nonetheless. Before I met Cedric, she and I were inseparable.

She was the first girl I had ever really clicked with. Sure, Pansy was okay, and she was conveniently around, but she just didn't understand me the way Audrey did. When something was wrong, she knew exactly what to say and how to say it. 

When 2nd year came around, we just grew apart. That happens sometimes. She had found her group, and I had found mine.

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I asked genuinely

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I asked genuinely. She chuckled a bit and sat down.

"No, I'm your friend." She said forcefully. "Or at least I used to be. Either way I'm not just going to sit around and watch no one talk to you."

I laughed a bit, putting my quill down.

"I don't care who does or doesn't talk to me."

She laughed forcefully and set her heavy books on the dark wooden table.

"That's funny. You're funny." She said. Her constant laughing caused my blood to boil.

"If you're going to sit here, sit here and shut up. I have work to do." I snapped.

"You haven't changed a bit, have you?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. I squinted my eyes and felt my cheek get red with anger.

"I beg your pardon?" I questioned, trying not to yell. She laughed again causing me to tense.

"You really think I can't see through your tough girl bullshit Alya? You pretend to be okay and you aren't. You're pretending that you decided you want to be alone instead of being ignored by all of Slytherin house. C'mon now, im not daft." She said, opening her textbook.