3- away *smut*

Hi everyone, as you can see I've updated the book cover :) this chapter is quite a long one and contains smut at the end so I hope you all enjoy! Please remember to vote and comment what you think <3

(A couple hours later)

The Joker lay awake in the dark room as Dakota peacefully slept next to him. He could hear her tiny, restricted breaths from her sickness and she sometimes stirred in her sleep, nuzzling up closer into his chest.
She was pretty when she slept, he had to admit. Maybe it was her little angelic features, maybe it was the fact that she couldn't talk back. He snickered at his thoughts, then untangled his legs from hers and got up.

He made his way to the bathroom and ran a shower, the lukewarm drops darkening his hair and trickling down his back as his mind faded into dullness. The steam thickens, and stays as condensation and he half watches the droplets streak and race down the glass as his eyes glaze over momentarily. He rolls his head back, closes his eyes and lets out an agonizing scream as the water runs down his face, which slowly turns to chilling laughter. He steps out after a couple minutes, shaking his damp hair then slicking it back with his hand. He looks at himself in the mirror, raising his head slightly and gently stroking his jaw and then toying with his chains, then cackles at his reflection and leaves.

He dresses then leaves the room, whilst Dakota still soundly sleeps on the bed. The Joker buttoned up his shirt as he bounded down the stairs, and stormed through the double doors at the end of the hallway with determined focus.

The Joker's men quieten as he burst through the doors into the bar, dropping their gaze in fear of being the victim of one the Joker's notorious outbursts. The club was dark and luxurious, with curved, mirrored back lit walls and private circular booths with dark, brass tables and leather seats. A pool table was in one corner and the vintage bar wrapped round another, displaying hundreds of bottles on mirrored shelves that climbed to the ceiling. His henchmen often worked here, so the booths were mainly used for business.

"Aleksei" he called sternly, not bothering to look for the man but expecting his company then collapsing into the unoccupied leather booth in the corner. The noise in the room gradually returned to normal as everyone else internally sighed in relief.

The man the Joker had called for quickly appeared and slipped into the seat opposite his boss. Aleksei was the the Joker's most reliable henchman, the only man in this damn place that the Joker had a little respect for.

"How can I assist you boss?" Aleksei responded with a thick russian accent, his face expressionless.

A pleased and slow smirk tugged at the Joker's lips and he flashed his silver teeth into a grin as he looked at the man, tilting his head to the side then lowering his chin whilst locking eye contact. The Joker was wildly unpredictable, you could see it in his mad eyes. You had to be insanely careful around him. He sat back, running his tongue over his teeth. He took his time before he spoke, but Aleksei didn't dare rush him.

The Joker smacked his lips then spoke, "Any plans this weekend?"

"Actually sir i-"

The Joker sat forward, the shadows falling across his face, "C-a-n-c-e-l them. I want to take the girl away for a couple days"

"Right. Where to boss?" Aleksei inquired, taking a sip from his drink and setting it down to settle his nerves.

The Joker watched him, for he did not drink alcohol himself. God forbid him be under any more mind altering influences. He suddenly gritted his teeth and slightly jolted his head to the side as if pained by something, but it was only momentarily and he then looked back at the man.