Critical

Tony woke up the next morning when Pepper shook him up, telling him to take a shower and breakfast before heading to work.He reluctantly went to the kitchen to have a cup of coffee,but not before asking FRIDAY to look after Peter.

It was quiet without Peter's constant rambling, and Tony hated every second of it. He walked by a mirror on the hall, looking at his hair, sticking at every direction, his eyes red, filled with sorrow, like someone just try to kill his son. Which did happen last night.

Bruce was still sleeping, clearly exhausted from the long surgery and his works in the lab, leaving him all alone at the kitchen counter, which was really unfortunate when FRIDAY suddenly spoke up.

"Boss, I would like to tell you that the ex-Avengers are on their way up in the elevator, ETA 30 seconds,"

He muttered the most colourful curse he knew under his breath, and just waited until the elevator slid open.

He was really tired and stressed, physically and mentally, both unstable.So he couldn't help it when tears started to slowly run down his cheeks. He couldn't bring himself to care anymore. He just wanted his Peter back.
——————————————————

When the rogues came back, they were all planning to make it up with Tony. They knew both Tony and Steve were wrong in some parts, but what team Cap had done was completely out of line and totally unfair.

So it was surprising when they walked out of the elevator just to find him at the kitchen counter, silently crying. They'd never...never seen him cry before, so whatever it was, it must be really bad.

Tony didn't spare them any glance but gestured them to seat around the counter, and so they did.

For a moment nobody had form a word. Everything they had planned to apologise clearly needed to wait.

Steve tried to say something but was cut off by a loud siren, making them all stood up in defensive stance.

"Boss, Peter is currently in critical condition and requires medical attention immediately. His heart beat is slowing down fast as so is his breathing.", Tony was running to the med bay the moment FRIDAY had mentioned Peter's name.

The others looked stunned before chasing him.

When they arrived there, Bruce was screaming orders to the medical staffs.Nobody was even bothered to kick them out of the room.

The exvangers just watched with alert eyes, trying to understand what was happening.
Natasha and Sam quickly ran to Bruce's side to help as they clearly were short of staffs.

Clint looked at Tony as he began to shake really hard and slumped on the wall as the monitor gave a long beep, showing that the boy's heart had stopped. He could hear several people cursed and Bruce's raising voice, shouting orders.

Clint being the only father on the team quickly went to Tony and pushed his head into his shoulder, forcing him to look away from the scene. He was always terrified of the thought of his family, his children getting hurt, so he could only imagine how hard it was for the man as he was completely sobbing frantically.

Wanda came to their side and started to calm his mind with her power, because he had stopped breathing and couldn't stop shaking, sobbing loudly.

After like forever, the monitor started to beep normally.

A collective of relieved sigh echoed in the room.

Natasha was trying her best to focus and not shaking. She had never seen a child in such a critical condition. That was probably the worst she ever saw, and that was the only reason she needed to help as much as she could to revive the boy, especially when the said boy was high likely to be Tony's kid.

She watched the boy with curly brown hair, looking so small in the bad, trying to survive.

The staffs had already walked out of the room and Bruce was already lying on the floor ready to pass out.

Everybody was looking at Tony who was still on the ground with Clint. Everything was quiet as everyone was still in shock of what just happened on their first 30 minutes back in the tower.

The silence was however broken when they heard a small rasped voice.

"Dad?"