Not A Princess, Only A Queen

Hi, guys! How is everyone? Hope you guys are all good! First rewritten chapter of Thorned Heart!

Hope you guys like it! Enjoy!
*****
The magic they taught me was meant to be forgotten long ago, and I no longer wanted to be taught it. If only I had a choice in the matter, I would have left the third week of the wizarding school. I should have run away but even though I was a younger sister I worried about what would happen to my brother at home if I ran. So I stayed right there in the pits of hell, trying my hardest to fail even though my magic wouldn't let me.

"Are you ready Reyna?" a voice asked calling me back to the present.

"As ready as I can be," I told him standing up and looking over at the dead corpse of the hawk.

"What was that?" Her mentor, Luran, asked his sharp green eyes staring at me almost daring me to give him an attitude.

"Yes, I am Mentor Luran," I responded looking down not wanting to do this not that I was given a choice.

"That's what I thought you said," Luran said, then gestured to the bird putting his hands on my shoulders. "On three."

"One."

My palms began sweating and my heart began to race dreading when it came time to do it.

"Two."

I looked up at the hawk as I raised my arm towards it.

"Three."

I muttered the words of black magic. Purple and black energy shot towards the bird, making me hold my breath begging me to fail even though I would be punished.

My mentor tightened his grip on my shoulders as we both waited for what we knew would probably happen.

The hawk's head moved and finally, it got up. It shook its feathers and raised its winds flying around the room.

"Well done," Luran said, letting go of my shoulders. "Your parents will be proud of your process here."

"Thank you," I said, bowing my head in respect.

"You are dismissed," he told me not looking at me as he commanded the bird to fly into the cage he had prepared for it.

I nodded and grabbed my books. I turned around and left, gently closing the door behind me watching the other individual Wizard be released from their classes.

I muttered a few curse words in Elvish not happy that I wasn't able to get free before the others. I rolled my eyes and went on my way towards the room that I lived in when I was being taught at the school.

"Well, well, well look at what we've got here, Ramar," a voice said trying to get my attention. "The little child of villains."

"Yes, the child of someone who kills so many people every day," Ramar said adding onto her partner in crime's words that were trying to get me down.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking away trying to ignore them the best way they could.

"Hey where are you going we aren't finished," the first person who I knew as, Lavru, said grabbing my arm and trying to turn me around.

"Get off of me right now I don't have time for your stupidity," I said waiting for her to pull her hand off of my arms, as I waited for her to remove her arming trying to keep my cool.

"What will you do, hm dark child of villains?" she asked me leaning in towards me.

Ramar pushed my books and my other items for class out of my hands. My items clattered to the ground and as my ink container broke from the impact; so did my patience.