Uncounted Seconds

Laughing because of some jokes and stories my friend had just told, then suddenly a sound of a motorcycle just roared. We were outside the campus that time, filling our stomach's hungry animals inside. We looked for where that sound came from, the laughter went off... You were such a head-turner. You were in your black shirt and short while flawlessly and cooly riding your motorbike, but one thing made me assume more.. It was because of your eyes, were they looking at me? 'Cause indeed they were, and so do mine. Our eyes lingered for how long? I wasn't able to count. But as far as I knew you made my heart beat faster and my mind go wild. You wouldn't take your eyes off of mine, it was getting awkward. I thought to smile, but changed my mind.. Afraid of being rejected and not getting a smile in return. So I decided to just be lost in your eyes. You looked pale, as if that was new. Then, the time came.. You looked away because you still were riding a motorcycle and had to turn left and so I was left still looking at the same spot you were just seconds ago. And once again left dumbfounded forgot I had a friend with me and forgot you were already taken by someone I couldn't compete with..

10/21/14