Chapter 1

Gold blood splattered on the concrete. A body of a young boy laid on top of the blood. Light hit the body and the blood, the shimmery liquid starting to shine. People stood around the body, shock written all over their faces. A person stood in the shadows on top of the tower. They lifted a device up to the mouth. "It is done."

"Good. Return before someone notices you. Act like you are one of them so you don't cause suspicion." The person gave a nod. They removed the robes to reveal short black hair and fair skin. They shoved the robes into a black duffle bag. No one would notice they were not gold blooded unless they happened to cut them. A small smile made its way onto the boy's face. He didn't know why the boy had to die. All he knew is that he had to because if he didn't, it would be him who would be dead.

The streets were crowded with people, the chaos dying down. Weaving through the crowd, he snuck into an alleyway. A hidden door was installed into the wall. How? He didn't know. He pushed a few of the bricks, moss starting to grow on them making them soft rather than rough and making them look more green rather than a brownish red.

The door swung open and stayed there long enough for him to sneak in without someone noticing. A long dark corridor was behind the door. Torches lined the wall, emitting light. No one could take them unless they unscrewed them off the walls. The boy walked down the corridor, looking straight ahead. People in all black robes stood at the end of it and blocked a door. The boy reached the end of it and pulled the robe out of his duffle bag. He put it on. "It is done." The men nodded their heads in unison and open the doors. They were two wooden doors that had brass knobs spaced evenly on the wood.

A large room laid behind the doors. Torches were along the wall also but more were there than along the corridor. Multiple people with black robes stood in silence, their quiet conversations now coming to a halt. They looked and stared. The boy could feel their gaze upon him. He stood there for a moment, debating and weighing out his options. Move or stay still. The people who once starred and looked at him like he was some kind of freak went back to their conversations. Hushed words were spoken around the room, loud enough to fill the room with noise, but quiet enough that if a person were to speak at a normal tone and volume, it would be heard above all else.

The boy walked through the room, coming to large pedestal. A person with a long black robe stood before him. The robe was not like the other ones. Bronze striping was detailed along the sleeves and a long bronze stripe went down the back of it, ending at the bottom and what would be the front part of the hood. "It is done. They are dead and no one knew who did it.'

"Good." The person turned around and faced him. "You have done well, Alexander. Just remember to not go against us or you know what will happen." Alexander nodded. He knew that if it was not for them, he would be dead.

There is the first chapter. I've had this in my drafts to be put onto here for a couple of months now. I also apologize about the cover. I edited it and did my very best and the original photo belongs to shutterstock.