LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN, SHALL WE?

***

***

The first thing Sarah became aware of was the murmur of voices above her. 

She tried to resist the blinding panic that was making it's way up her throat as she felt the restraints on her arms to keep her in place. She could hear the beeping of a heart-monitor and the same all too familiar voices speaking near her in hushed tones.

She was back in that same damn room.

Sarah wanted to scream. She fought the urge to move, not wanting the people in the room to realize she was awake. Eyes still shut, she listened to their conversation with growing uneasiness.

"I called Eichen House. They said they've had no patients escape from them in the last few years."

"What about family?"

"Still no word back on the fingerprints or DNA test. I checked all the missing persons reports, but still got nothing. Nobody's come by to claim her so far."

Sarah's confusion only spiked. What the hell were they talking about?

"This girl didn't just come from nowhere, Noah. She has to have some family out there."

The man in question sighed. "I'm doing everything I can, Melissa, but it's a little bit harder to do all this than usual without a name."

"I am sorry about that," The actress's voice said, drifting over to Sarah's ears. "But she was becoming hysterical. I had no choice." The woman let out a breath of frustration, "She was terrified, Noah. I don't know exactly what all happened to her out there, but it wasn't good."

Sarah forced herself not to flinch as she felt the woman's fingers brush over her collarbone.

The older woman slightly brushed Sarah's golden hair to the side, revealing more of her neck. The girl continued to listen to the two adult's conversation as adrenaline raced through her veins.

"You see that?" The actress for Melissa asked, concern filling her voice.

"Yeah, I see it. What—" The older man's voice paused as he apparently shuffled closer. "What is that?" he asked in astonishment.

"It's called a Lichtenberg figure. They appear on lightning strike victims." The actress explained, moving Sarah's hair back into place. "There are marks like that all over her chest. Some are worse than others."

"What are you saying, Melissa?" The older man questioned in surprise. "That this kid got hit by a car and struck by lightning in the same day?"

"I know how it sounds," The actress began, before sighing. "But it would seem that her luck is that bad."

Sarah came to a sudden realization. They were crazy. They had lost their minds. She had no idea how it had happened, but Hollywood must have overworked the poor actor's until they had finally snapped. It was the only explanation. They actually believed they were the characters they played on TV. They both really and truly believed that they were Melissa McCall and Sheriff Stilinski. And now they were holding her hostage in a glorified hospital set from Teen Wolf.