Day | 4.

Write About Someone Who Inspires You

J. R. Ward. Enough said.
Just kidding.

Seriously though, J.R Ward is a versatile genius. She went to law school, was Chief of Staff at Beth Israel hospital, became a full time writer with the encouragement of her awesome husband, has a writer dog, and has had dozens of books published under a couple pseudonyms.
She has a wildly successful series and sub-series (of which I absolutely love and have invested time and money in), her characters never fail to be wholesome and likable within the first 60 seconds of reading about them and her attention to detail is out of this world.

I only hope to be half as great as this authoress one day and be as invested and devoted to both life and any fictional world I create. She's written about what it's like to write and has altruistically given tips for aspiring writers and one that I forever keep in my mind is this: listen to your Rice Krispies. It's solid advice that never fails to steer me away from a catastrophic edge of words that mean nothing but hard reading for people like you.

More times than not it's helped me let go of what I initially think is good work only to scrap it and start fresh. The results are ten times better and I'm always happy with what I've written.

Jessica Blakemore, you're my literary heroine.