Chapter 1

Kakashi Hatake had absolutely no idea why Lord Hokage was sending him to the AFEDP, or Asylum For Extremely Dangerous Patients, which was located three miles outside of Konahagakure. The only thing he did know was that his mission was to give a neatly wrapped parcel to someone named Yuma Vex. Who this was, Kakashi had no clue. He also had orders to unenroll this girl from the facility. This concerned him, of course, for anyone who ended up in AFEDP must have done something truly sadistic and horrible. Yet he held his tongue and faithfully held the letter and parcel in his hands as the large, white building came into view.

He entered the asylum and approached the front desk, behind which a large, extremely tough looking man sat, scarred arms folded across his chest, and sharp eyes piercing Kakashi as he approached.

Well, thought the silver haired shinobi, I suppose they do need someone almost as dangerous as the patients themselves to guard this place.

"Hello," greeted Kakashi with an incredibly awkward smile. "I was sent by the hokage to sign out Yuma Vex."

No sooner had the name left his lips did the man go rigid, his tanned skin turning starch white, his eyes wide and pupils shaking in fear. No longer did he look like a formidable opponent, but more accurately he looked more scarred mentally than physically, as well as utterly and completely with out a doubt horrified.

"S-She's being released?" The man stuttered, his voice shuddering before he burst into hysterics, sobbing and screaming almost unintelligible phrases that sounded, to Kakashi, like 'we're doomed!'

Normally, Kakashi could stay calm and collected in a bad situation. Yet, as two even larger men led the flailing, sobbing man away and a pleasant looking women, armed with a sort of cattle prod at her hip, approached, he felt a sense of strange foreboding of what sat in a padded room down the halls and through a steel, sound proof door.

"I'll take you to Yuma's cell- er- room," said the woman with a sort of stressed laugh. Kakashi noticed that she also looked a bit paler than the norm as she said this. Her movements were jerky as well as she walked ahead of him into a white hall.

As they walked, Kakashi looked at a few of the thick white doors, which held only the smallest of windows- possibly made of plexiglass. Quite a few faces, most bearing either crazed grins or spine chilling leers, peered at Kakashi as he and the woman passed. Some even went so far as to try punching through the windows, their gapping mouths signaling that they were shouting quite loudly, though not a peep made it through the doors.

"She's in the very back, where the worst of them are held." Informed the woman gravely.

"Oh- er- right," said Kakashi. He was very tense, to much to even bring out his beloved icha icha.

The further they walked, the creepier and grayer the hall got. The windows to the holding rooms got murkier and murkier. A few, Kakashi noted with alarm, had dark splatters on them, which he was sure was blood.

"So you were sent by the hokage?" Asked the woman in a carefully pleasant tone.

"Oh, yeah," mumbled Kakashi distractedly, peering at a strangely dark spot on the white tiled floor, which was covered in grime, as though the janitor didn't dare clean this far.

"He's such a strange, yet kind man," continued the woman. "He comes to visit Yuma regularly, and it's incredible when he does, because she's always perfectly normal when she's talking to him. When he leaves, though...." She shuddered violently. She glanced at him, and Kakashi saw concern in her eyes. "You are a shinobi, right? The last person to visit.... Well.... Yuma didn't like her too much..."

Kakashi nodded once.

Finally, they reached a door, so covered in filth that it was nearly black. There was no window, just a metal slot. The door was sealed with more varieties of locks and chains than Kakashi felt like counting.

The woman slid open the slot, which had bars on the other side and plexiglass, which was filled with small holes, between them. Kakashi thought he heard faint giggling coming from inside the room.

"Yuma, you have a visitor," said the woman, and though she forced authority into her voice, Kakashi could sense her fear.

The giggling paused.

"Ten seconds." Came a soft voice. "Ten, nine...." The woman hurried to shove keys in locks, "eight, seven," she had a quarter done, "six, five," half done, "four three," one lock left, "two...."

The woman swung open the door and shoved Kakashi in, causing him to stumble in surprise as the door slammed shut behind him.

"...one." Said the small voice. He looked at the owner and could not believe his eyes.

Before him sat the most adorable little girl he had ever seen. She had soft grey hair, which was naturally-though messy- straight, with short bangs that crossed her forehead. Her big eyes were rust colored, a mix of a little brown and a lot of red, and held a gleam to them. If it weren't for the fact that she were glaring at him and wearing a straight jacket, she could have easily passed for a normal Kid.

"Er- hello?" Kakashi said with a smile.

"You're not Grampa Saru." She growled, her once soft and playful voice now filled with venomous malice.

"Uh- no- I'm not," He admitted. "I'm Kakashi Hatake. You're Yuma, right?"

"You're not Grampa Saru," Yuma repeated, gritting her teeth.

"No, no, he had a meeting," Kakashi said, beginning to become concerned as the small child stood, face livid as she crouched slightly. Kakashi heard a low grumbling noise coming from her direction.

Her rust colored eyes suddenly began glowing demonic red, her grey hair, beginning from the roots, started to slowly turn black. She began pulling against her straight jacket, causing a strap to break.

Kakashi, though shocked thoroughly, began wracking his brain for ways to calm the small girl, not wanting to resort to violence.

"You're..... Not....... Grampa!" Yuma ground out, body shuddering as yet another strap broke and her canines began elongating into vampire-like fangs. "Sa-ru...."

Kakashi had a sudden idea as he spotted the parcel in his hands.

"He sent me with a present for you!" Kakashi suddenly yelled.

Yuma stopped struggling though her expression and appearance remained.

"What?" She asked, voice slightly less shaky.

"A present," repeated Kakashi, showing the parcel. She looked at it, and her eyes started fading, black hair color receding into grey, and fangs returning to normal.

She smiled brightly, tilting her head in a way that, if Kakashi hadn't just witnessed it, would not make anyone think she could look the least bit demonic.

Kakashi, as he carefully unwrapped the package for Yuma, pondered why Lord Hokage would want to release this girl.