Chapter Eight

Disclaimer::::

I do not own the characters from Home Alone. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\ 

~~~Previous~~~

She throws the bucket contents toward Harry and Marv, covering them from head to toe. There is the flapping of many wings, and the pigeons fly towards the two men and cover them, causing them to scream.

The woman laughs as Kevin and Isabella lift their hands and wave to her. "Bye! Thanks."

She blows them a kiss before he walks off. Kevin takes the fireworks out of his bag. Isabella lights a match and lights up the fuse. Kevin picks up his bag, and they run and hide.

The fireworks go off just as the police get there and are quick to get their attention. Marv and Harry and still on the floor, the pigeons on them. "Oh my god!" a policeman says before he shoots his gun in the air, scaring the pigeons off.

Harry and Marv are covered in feathers. Marv spits feathers inside his mouth as the police officers approach them. "All right, let's go." One says as they help them stand up and keep hold of their arms.

Another policeman picks up the bag filled with the stolen money with the photograph and the voice recording inside. Harry suddenly kicks Marv, and a pigeon flies out of his coat.

~~~Isabella's POV~~~

Kevin and I share a look before we leave the park, and we head over to Rockefeller Centre.

~~~Present~~~

Kevin and I gaze up at the large Christmas tree before us. Kevin lets out a sigh as he does.

"I know I don't deserve a Christmas even if I did a good deed. I don't want any presents. Instead, I want to take back every mean thing I ever said to my family...even if they don't take back the things that they said. I don't care. I love all of them, including Buzz. If it isn't possible I can see all of them, could I just see our mother? I'll never want another thing as long as I live. I just want our mother. I know I won't see her tonight...but promise me I can see her again. Sometimes. Anytime. Even if it's just once and only for a couple of minutes. I just need to tell her I'm sorry." Kevin says sadly.

"Kevin? Isabella?" I hear Mom call out.

Our eyes widen in surprise, and we look behind us to see our Mom standing there. "Mom?" We both exclaim, surprised.

Mom runs towards us, and Kevin turns to look back at the tree. "Wow, that worked fast!"

"It did," I mutter, surprised.

Mom runs around the corner and stops in front of us. "Oh, Kevin, Isabella."

"Mom, I'm sorry," Kevin says.

"I'm sorry, too." Mom replies.

A smile appears on our faces before one appears on Mom's face, and she laughs before rushing forward and pulling the pair of us into a hug. "Merry Christmas, Mom." We both say at the same time.

"Merry Christmas, sweethearts." She says back as she tightens her hug around us. "Thank you." She whispers before letting us go and moving back. "Let's go."

"How did you know we were here?" I question softly.

"Well, I know you and Christmas trees, and this is the biggest one around," Mom admits.

"Where is everyone else?" Kevin asks.

"They're at the hotel. They didn't like palm trees either." Mom says as we head back to the hotel.

~~~Next Morning~~~

Fuller wakes us up, exclaiming loudly. "Holy smokes, it's morning. It's Christmas morning, man."

Kevin sits up and rubs the sleep out of his eyes. "Fuller, don't get your hopes up. I don't think Santa Claus visits hotels."

"Are you nuts? He's omnipresent. He goes everywhere." He gets up and jumps on the bed. "Hey guys, wake up; it's Christmas!" He runs over to his parents' room. "Mom! Dad! It's Christmas!"

We all rush up the stairs, stop, and stare when we get to the top. In front of us, there are tons of presents around the Christmas trees, on the tables and on some chairs. "Mom! Dad! You gotta see this!" Kevin calls out.

Mom and Dad walk out of their room and look around, surprised. "My gosh!"

"Peter!" Mom exclaims, surprised as she looks at him.

"Are you sure we are in the right room?" Buzz questions.

We snap out of our thoughts and rush over to the presents. "Everybody calm down," Buzz calls out. "Calm down!" They all quiet down. "All right. Now...if Kevin hadn't screwed up in the first place, again...then we wouldn't be in this most perfect huge hotel room with a truckload of all this free stuff. So...I think it's only fair that Kevin and Isabella get to open the first presents. Then I'll go, and the rest of you and so on." Buzz picks up two presents and throws them towards us, and we reach up and catch them. "Merry Christmas, Kev, Bella."

"Merry Christmas, Buzz." Kevin and I say at the same time.

The rest of the family clap happily. "Merry Christmas, Kevin and Isabella," Dad says.

Kevin and I share a look when our family opens the presents. Kevin looks at the turtledoves on the tree, and I nod softly. We get dressed, run outside and head straight to the park.

We stop behind the woman with the pigeons

We stop behind the woman with the pigeons. "Merry Christmas." We both say at the same time.

She turns around and looks surprised to see us. "Kevin! Isabella! Merry Christmas!"

"I got something for you," Kevin admits, putting a hand in his pocket. He takes her hand and places one of the turtledoves in it.

She looks down at it, confused. "What's this?"

"It's a turtledove. We have one. You have one. As long as we each have a turtledove, we'll be friends forever." I say softly.

"Oh, Kevin, Isabella." She looks down at the turtledove before looking back at us. "Thank you."

"We won't forget you. Trust us." Kevin encourages.

A smile appears on her face, and she hugs the two of us.

"Kevin! Isabella! You spent $967 on room service?" We hear Dad yell loudly.

Kevin lets out a gasp, and we share a look before running off in the other direction. 

/Thank you for reading this chapter. Please leave a review. Your opinions are appreciated.\