Prologue

The kingdom is bustling, every worker focusing on their task at hand. Esebelle, being in her old age, sits and folds clothes in the small servant's cottage for the little ones that she calls her grand kids. Their mother is baking bread in the bakery to be served to the royal family at supper later in the day.

The whole kingdom is preparing for the wedding of the eldest prince, coming up later in the week. The king putting the final details on the wedding plans, the queen helping with the reception plans. The royal weddings are some of the most glamorous events in all of the kingdom.

The day grew older, the sun starting to set. Esebelle's family settling in for the night. The kids running around, finishing their last chores before bed. Esebelle wrangling the children up in her arms, taking them to the single bed that they shared.

"Nana, can you tell us the story about the Prince and the servant girl?" The youngest child asks Esebelle.

"You've heard that story a million times!" She exclaims back at the children.

"But it is our favourite Nana," The eldest chimes in.

"I suppose I can tell it one more time," Esebelle gives into the pleading looks of the grand kids.

The children cheering amongst themselves as they pull the thin blankets over their frail bodies.

"Once upon a time there was a handsome prince and a small servant girl who were never destined for one another, but some how they fell in love through the twisted ways of fate, and this is their story..."