Chapter Thirteen - Do You Love Me?

Davian sat in the outside of café at a table, waiting for Cearra to arrive. She asked him to meet him for brunch so that they could talk. Davian was surprised but curious to what she wanted to talk about. Over the past few weeks, they barely spent any time together. He was glad to have brunch with her.

   "Hey my love." Cearra kissed his cheek before sitting down across from him.

     Davian smiled. "Hey, you look nice."

    Before they started talking, they ordered their drinks and food. They ate while having small conversation.

    "So, what is it that you want to talk to me about?" Davian asked, leaning back in his chair.

   "Uh," Cearra stuttered, "after doing a lot of thinking, you're right. I realized that I have been...rather very busy lately. We barely see each other and I'm sorry. You always make time for me and I can do the same. I'm so sorry, but you are important to me Davian. Things are going to change. I'll give you more time, I promise. I just wanted you to know how truly sorry I am."

     "Thank you for talking to me about this." he grabbed her hand and kissed it. "It means a lot. I'm gonna hold you to that."

   Cearra giggled. "Okay, we'll see."

   Mia

   Mia held Jeremiah's hand as his mom's casket was lowered into the ground. Kathryn stood on the other side of him, rubbing his back. He was an emotional wreck. All of them was there for him.

   A day after they received the news, they didn't miss a beat when it came to being there for Jeremiah. They paid for the entire funeral and planned it. Apparently, before she got hooked on drugs, she was loved and respected by many in the neighborhood. Jeremiah was torn apart. But the family was there for him in every way possible.

   When they made it back to the truck, Jared opened the door for him. Mia's parents and Latoya got into another vehicle. They were planning a get together at the house so they decided to meet up there.

   "I want to thank you guys for being there for me this week." Jeremiah spoke up after being quiet for days. "And I'm okay. As long as she not strung out no more."

   "That's right lil' bro." Jared glanced back at him. "We're here for you."

    The rest of the ride to their parents home was silent. By the time they made it there, everything was already set up. There was food on the grill. Southern soul blues playing. And slip and slide kickball set up. They wanted to do it for Jeremiah.

   "Hey Mia." Davian said as he walked into the backyard.

    She looked surprised to see him. "Hi. I didn't know you would be here today."

      The two hadn't seen each other since their incident a week ago. Neither did they speak on it. It was their little secret. No one knew about it. Besides, they had no idea what they were doing. Or why.

   "Yeah, your mom invited me." he chuckled nervously. "I hope that's fine."

    "Of course, you know that. She's just sneaky." Mia shook her head. "But since you're here, I hope you brought a change of clothes. We're about to play slip and slide kickball."

   On each team, there were five people. They all had fun. Anyone who attempted to run, fell and slid. It was very nice. Afterwards, they had a balloon fight. Being little kids, they decided to play a game with water guns. The plan was to get Jeremiah to come out of that shell and laugh, that's exactly what he did. 

  "You know tomorrow isn't promised don't ya?" Latoya looked at Mia.

     "What do you mean?" she asked, still staring at Davian. 

   Latoya smacked her lips. "You've been giving D the eye since he been here. I don't know what y'all got going on but it's obvious that y'all got some for each other. Go and tell him how you feel."

   Mia shook her head. "Nahh. I'm good."

     Latoya looked at her, raising her eyebrows. "Yo D, Mia want to talk to you for a second." she laughed.

    Mia nudged her in the side before she walked away. Davian walked over to Mia. His large muscles showed through his wet white t. Damn. Mia thought to herself.

    "Whasup love?" 

    "Uh." she bit her lip. "Let's speak somewhere in private."

    They walked into the house and up the stairs. She led him into her old bedroom and closed the door. 

   "I ain't been in here in a minute." Davian sat down on the bed. "So, what's up?"

   Mia leaned against the dresser. "First off, what was that the other week?"

    Davian sighed. "Man, I don't even know."

    "Anyway, it's obvious we still have some for each other." Mia started to say. She paced back and forth. "Before you came back into town, Davian, I was sure that I was over you. Then I bumped into you in the grocery store and all of those feelings came rushing back. I'm still in love with you Davian. You have always been that guy for me and I feel like you still are. I love you so much. We kissed. Then there was oral sex. When you invited me to your engagement party it crushed me."

    Mia took a deep breath. "I'm not over you Davian."

    He looked at Mia with an unreadable expression. "Wow...I don't know what to say."

   "You don't have to say anything right now." Mia opened the door. "Just had to get that off my chest."

   The two went back down the stairs and out the door. Mia noticed Lorenzo standing with Latoya and Jared. They all were talking and laughing. She wondered what he was doing there. 

   "Hey Lorenzo, what you doing here?" Mia asked as she approached them.

   "Oh, Jared invited me." he smiled. "You look beautiful by the way."

    "Thank you." she scolded Jared. She couldn't believe how sneaky and messy her family was being. 

   Davian stood across the yard, watching them intensely. Mia decided that it was time for her to go. She'd had a long enough day. She asked Lorenzo if he would take her home and of course he said yes. 

Sorry , boring chapter. BUT...next chapter will be rated R so if you're not mature don't read. Its only up from here *evil laugh* 

  What y'all think about Davian's response to Mia's feelings though??

  Until next time...