chapter 4

chloe  pov

i made it to the gym safely and this time without bumping into someone. i went into the changing rooms and quickly got into my pe clothes before everyone else comes in. as soon as i'm done all the other girls in the class walk in. i keep my head down and walk them out the door and into the gym. there's only a few other people in here other than me. i look around and see joe, a guy in my group. he's looking down at the floor, probably to avoid eye contact with anyone else. i walk up to him and sit next to him, he flinched and looked up, and when he saw it was me he calmed down.
chloe: yeah it's only me
we sit in silence since we are the 'quiet kids' after all. i try to make conversation by telling him about my first class.
chloe: i got detention, with jonah marais
joe: what how
chloe: we were talking in class and the teacher gave us detention
joe: you know the rules chloe
chloe: i know but it's like in the moment he seemed kinda nice i don't know
joe: just be careful
chloe: i will
our gym teacher mr alan blows his whistle and joe and i stand up and go towards him but we stay in the back of the class.
mr alan: today we're doing basketball, if you don't wanna do then sit down on the bleachers and do whatever, as long as it's quiet and won't distract others.
joe and i immediately know that we're going to sit on the bleachers, if we played basketball, we'd get crushed in there. while everyone else spilts off into two teams joe and i make our way to the bleachers and sit down. first thing i noticed about teams was they were all based of social statuses, the populars were in one team, the skaters in the other, oh no this won't end good. these guys like hate each other, especially the leaders of each group, jack avery and zach herron. i can just see this not ending well. i look away from the game and talk to joe. while we were talking i noticed the game got a whole lot louder and people were screaming, i look and sure enough jack and zach were having an argument. about what? i don't really wanna know.
jack: you can't do that, that's cheating
zach: it's not cheating avery, it's called having a game plan
jack: you can't tackle in basketball
zach: he didn't tackle him, your guy tripped
jack: because your guy tackled him
zach: did not
jack: did too
zach: did not
jack: did too
zach: THAT'S IT
zach goes to lunge at jack and does the same, but people from each of their teams hold them back.
mr alan: boys, this is unacceptable behavior you'll both have detention on saturday
chloe: are you serious!!
joe: looks like jack and zach will be joining jonah and you in detention
chloe: no shit joe!
detention will not go well, if there's no teacher in there something will happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------
looks like jack and zach will be joining chloe and jonah in detention. comment for more 💓💓 and this book got #33 in the #wdw thing so yay