Chapter 3 - Before School - Childhood Sucks but it Sucks Less With You

"There's something about childhood friends that you just can't replace."

- Lisa Whelchel

Siria was bored. Well, that was a clear understatement. Her legs were bent in front of her as the 6-year-old girl sat on the ledge the large window overlooking the garden maze that her families manor house owned. Siria came from the 'Most Ancient and Nobel House of White.' Not that she agreed with her family 90% of the time. You see all of her family were blood purists. Pure-blood only. They praised the traits of sly, cunning and ambition. They thought that they were above everyone else, just because they were 'Pure-bloods' and not muggle-borns or 'Mudbloods' as they called them. Siria couldn't see the difference between the two. She praised different traits to the rest of her family. Yes, she was cunning and sly, but she wanted to be brave, compassionate, courageous. These were things she wanted to be, but couldn't whilst she was in the house, her parents wouldn't allow it.

"Siria Violet Jane Grace Star White." Her mother shrilled her excessively long name. "Get down here this instant. We have guests to greet." Siria sighed. She hated when her mother had her stupid friend over. So, she begrudgingly flipped her pale lilac hair over her shoulder and her violet eyes shined with annoyance. "Hurry up you ungrateful child!" Her mother screamed. Siria's eyes flashed red in anger, yes she was a metamorphosis, although she had amazing control over it, otherwise, she would be kicked out of the house already as if the punishments for losing control were not enough. Being kicked out of the house would have almost been a better option to what she had to go through every time her parents saw something change because of an emotion. Slowly the young girl trudged down the stairs to greet her mother Anne-Marie White, unlike her daughter Anne-Marie had shocking blue eyes and matching hair. This was the trait of the White House unnatural coloured eyes and hair.

"Come on now! The Blacks will be arriving soon."

'The Blacks.' Siria thought bitterly, she had only met Walburga and Orion twice and she hated them. Apparently, they had 2 sons and she only hoped that the sons were better mannered than their parents. By this time Anne-Marie had pushed her daughter to the front doors, and just in time to. As soon as they had reached them there was the sound of people apperating behind the doors and a resounding knock upon them. Almost as if they had commanded it, the gigantic double doors swung inwards revealing the Black family.

"Walburga." Anne-Marie greeted with a nod of her head. "Anne-Marie. It's nice to see you again it has been too long." 'Not long enough.' Siria thought sarcastically as the Blacks entered the threshold. 'This is going to be a long day.'

********************************************

Sirius did not like mornings. Given it was his fault that he stayed up until midnight but that's the only time the house was ever quiet. So when he finally fell asleep it only felt like minutes had passed before his mother, Walburga, banged on his door demanding for him to get up for the day.

A groan exited his mouth as the curtains in his room were reached open and the morning sunlight streamed in and onto his face. "Get up. We have to be at White Manor in an hour." Sirius let out another groan at that. He had only met Anne-Marie and her husband David a few times, and they seemed like a stuck up family, but saying that, they have a daughter. 'I can only hope she's not like her parents.' Sirius thought getting dressed. Breakfast passed quickly and silently and before he knew it they were leaving.

"Hold on," Orion commanded holding out an arm for him latch onto as they apperated away.

The first thing that Sirius saw as soon as he had landed was a mansion made entirely out of white marble and gold. They moved to the door which was made of pine and had the family crest situated proudly in the middle made out of gold.