willow hartley.

PEOPLE EITHER adored Willow or hated her. There was no in between, and usually when they did hate her, it was because she had what they wanted. Which is what seemed to be a perfect life and Nate Jacobs wrapped around her finger.

She was perfect in the eyes of Nate. And to top it off, his parents absolutely adored her.

Ever since she moved to town and their parents befriended each other, they were inseparable. They did everything together and when I say everything, I mean it.

Which was kind of weird if you think about it because I don't even think they were ever together. He always had other girlfriends.

It was like a sick dream come true for him. Always having her on a tight leash.

But between me and you, I don't think Willow had a perfect life.

I believe no one really knew what the real Willow was like. It always seemed like there was a whole other person behind her smile and something hidden within her eyes.

She almost looked like she was lost in her head and didn't know the way out. And she wasn't looking for someone or even something to find her.

She was just existing.

No one really noticed though. They only noticed everything else and I think that's why she plays along with it so much.

I knew never to press into anything because she was the only one who didn't pressure me into talking about what everyone else seemed to want to talk about. My overdose.

Willow was there for me after it happened. She didn't address the situation once, she just made sure I wasn't alone. And that was what I needed.

Part of me wishes she would just break down one day and tell me, tell anyone what was happening when no one was looking.

I just never knew my drug dealer would be that person.