10

park sihyun

after lunch, i headed back to class with seola and haseul.

as i walked over to my table, i saw junho, hangyul and seungyeon, yohan's friends, gathered around his table.

"you don't know half of these people who gave you birthday cards but you'll still bother to keep them?" i overheard seungyeon asking yohan.

"it's not that nice to dump them away.." yohan replies.

"but they're all printed cards with barely any message in it... they're just using this as a chance to give you their numbers," hangyul chuckled as he fumbled through the stack of birthday cards under yohan's table.

"but this... looks different," junho says.

i peeked over and to my horror, i saw him holding onto the envelope with the card i gave yohan.

"yah!" yohan exclaims, grabbing the envelope away from junho before he got open it.

"heol! who gave you that? why can't we look at it?" seungyeon teases yohan as he slipped the envelope into his school bag so the guys wouldn't take it from him.

feeling slightly flustered by looking at what was going on in front of me, i grabbed my bottle and took a few sips of water from it.

"you're so suspicious kim yohan.. is that from your girlfriend?" hangyul asks.

my eyes widened after hearing his words causing me to choke loudly on my water.

the boys in front turned back as i placed my palm on my chest, trying to stop myself.

"park sihyun are you okay?" junho asks. i nodded my head, still choking as i covered my mouth.

"just... *chokes* i drank too much *chokes* water *chokes*..." i quickly reply.

before they could continue to say anything, our teacher came in and they all went back to their seats.

yohan turned back, looking concerned.

"are you okay?" he mouthed.

i nodded, smiling weakly, but still choking.

gosh, i wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself in it.

-

"you really can't hang out with us today?" i heard hangyul say to yohan.

"sorry gyul, but i gotta go home, my parents and sisters are waiting for me," yohan replies patting hangyul's shoulders.

"alright, then some other time then. we're gonn' give you a good treat, but you're gonna pay. does that make sense? i doubt so, but whatever," seungyeon chuckles as he slung his arm around yohan's shoulders and ruffled his hair.

"alright, bye you guys," yohan chuckles as he bid goodbye to his friends.

not long after his friends left, he turned back to face me.

"what are your plans after school?" he asks.

i cocked up an eyebrow at his question.

"well... nothing at all. i'm gonna' go home and watch YouTube!" i reply as yohan rolled his eyes.

"do you wanna help me with something?" yohan asks, with a cheeky grin.

i gave him a suspicious look, what on earth does that birthday boy want from me?

"which is...?" i ask.

"which is... to teach my sister how to cycle," he replied.

"what? why?" i asked, confused. that was so random.

"cuz' she's going on some camp and she needs to learn how to cycle. well, i can cycle but i'm not very good at teaching it. whenever i try to teach her she says i'm going to fast and gets frustrated at me all the time," yohan explains and i nodded my head slowly.

"but, why me? i'm not that of a fantastic cyclist either..." i reply, packing my stationery into my pencil case.

"i remembered in middle school we all went out and one of our friends, i think it was kim seulmin, she couldn't cycle and we were all tryna' help her. and i forgot the details but i remember you were the one who finally managed to teach her how to do so!" yohan says.

"but... i got plans at home... YouTube..." i pouted.

"please park sihyun? just grant me a birthday request?" he gave me a small smile, anticipating my response.

"well... fine..." i agree and his smile widened