New Year's Eve

"Have a drink," Gina smiled as she handed you a full glass of champagne as you stood in her kitchen

"Have a drink," Gina smiled as she handed you a full glass of champagne as you stood in her kitchen. "It's New Year's Eve and this glass better always be full." She added with a wink as you rolled your eyes at her as you took a sip from the glass.

"Don't worry about me," You watched her just look at you before letting out a giggle as you reached over and picked a grape off the fruit tray she was working on. "I'm going to have a great time, thank you for inviting me." Gina just smiled as you walked around her kitchen island and looked out into her backyard that was strung with lights and had a fire going in her fire pit while her pool had a bunch of candles floating on top of it.

"Oh I know you'll have a good time." You looked over your shoulder at her with a raised eyebrow when you heard her mumbling something. "I said you came just in time," She looked at you with a big grin making you just look at her weird. "You beat all the annoying guests so you'll actually get to enjoy yourself before it gets wild." You just laughed as she went back to setting out the fruit and cheese trays she had been working on when you arrived.

A few hours and three glasses of champagne later you were wondering around the house looking for the bathroom. You smiled at the people you zigzagged through in the living room and when you reached a hallway you let out a sigh of relief when you saw it was empty. You couldn't help but smile and laugh at some of the pictures of Gina and her family on the walls leading to a door you assumed the bathroom was behind.

"Oi! If ya drink da last beer in the cooler be a proper gent and refill it ya knob!" You felt your whole body stiffen as a deep Irish accent floated down the hallway through another door at the very end of it. You watched the handle turn as the door opened revealing Niall standing there with a giant smile on his face and a beer in his hand as he walked into the hallway from what looked to be the garage. "Bloody hell it's cold as shi-" Niall's eyes went wide as he turned and saw you standing there with a half empty champagne glass in your hand and what he assumed to be the same shocked expression he had on his face on yours.

"Uh hi?" You wanted to smack yourself for instantly making the situation awkward as Niall just waved with his free hand before reaching and rubbing at the back of his neck. "I didn't know you'd be here." You added making him just shrug before taking a sip of his beer.

"Gina invites me every year, dis is only tha second time I've actually come tho cos I hear it can get a bit rowdy." You laughed as your mind went to the couple dancing on top of the coffee table you had walked past an hour or so ago.

"Yeah it seems a little tame for the time being." You looked away from him and down at your glass that you realized needed to be refilled.

"Uh ya look like you need yer top off," You almost spat out the sip of champagne you had in your mouth as Niall's eyes went wide and he shifted his gaze to the floor. "I uhm meant yer drink needs topped off." Niall explained as you swiped your chin where a dribble of your drink had managed to sneak past your lips when you were fighting back your laugh and when you looked at him you couldn't hold back your giggle when you saw his cheeks go pink making him clear his throat before making eye contact with you. "Want me ta show ya where the bar is?" He asked making you suddenly remember what you were doing in this hallway in the first place.