[ chapter one ]

It was a cold yet clear morning as Super woke up, all he could hear was multiple alarms and Skeppy's breathing, as he was still sleeping. Super turned to the side of his bed to reach his phone and turn the alarm off, only to notice a notification.

SplatNet: Reminder; Turf War event today at 12:30pm. Make sure to stay fresh!

"Oh Cod!" Super got a sense of panic and checked the time, it was exactly noon. He turned to look at Skeppy on the opposite side of the room, he was heavily sleeping and completely ignoring his own alarms. Super got up from his bed and ran toward's Skeppy's and shook him a little to wake up. "GEPPY! WAKE UP YOU MUFFIN! WE HAVE A TOURNAMENT TODAY!" Skeppy slowly opened his eyes, and was confused what was going on.

"Wha-? Isn't the tournament on Saturday..." Skeppy said in a very sleepy tone, it was clear to see he was already falling back alseep. Super quickly took Skeppy's phone beside him and turned it on to show the SplatNet notification and the time.

"SKEPPY, IT'S SATURDAY, AND LOOK AT THE TIME-"

"Oh shi-" Skeppy cut him self off, and quickly bounced off the bed and ran towards his closet, putting on his blue and black headphones and light blue oversized hoodie with a derp face on the hood. "Well, I'm ready! C'mon already Super~" He turned to grin at Super, who was confused at the speed of Skeppy changing not only his clothes, but his mood aswell. Super sighed, as he went to grab his clothes from the dresser and walked to the bathroom.

"HURRY THE F UP, SUPER!" Super heard Skeppy's voice as he was in the bathroom. Super was just sitting on the toilet seat going through twitter, then he noticed how fast time has passed. It was 12:20.

"Ah- I'm sorry Skep- I lost track of time!" Super screamed towards the bathroom door, he quickly washed his hands and rushed towards the front door, only to see Skeppy prepared and waiting for him.

"Huh, weren't you the one who woke up first?" Said Skppy in an annoyed yet sarcastic tone.

"I-I got distracted..."

"Ha! With what?"

"Nothing that you should worry about.."

Skeppy raised an eyebrow and had ideas in mind, but didn't bother. He handed Super's bandana that was hanging on the coat hanger to him, and opened the door, prepared to leave. Super quickly put his shoes on and followed behind, until he heard some noise on the couch.

"Wait!" Super tugged on Skeppy's hood to drag him back, "Did you feed the rat?"

"Y'mean Muffin? They're fine, I know that thing can climb on the table and eat the leftovers." Skeppy stared at Muffin, Muffin was a blueish Sea Cucumber that they kept as a pet, though they weren't entirely sure what gender it was.

Super sighed, and waved to Muffin as he slowly closed the door.

"C'mon, if we run we might make it on time." Said Skeppy.

"Wait, can't we take our bikes-" Before Super could finish, Skeppy grabbed his arm and began sprinting towards the road, nearly dragging Super on the ground.