a heir

-quick recap-

Jane and Carlos are back together, Carlos and Jay are friends again, and everyone's happy!

-Jane's POV-

   a few weeks have passed, Carlos and i are still dating, and graduation is coming up. so is TRW (The Royal Wedding aka Mal and Bens wedding). everyone is excited. even Audrey. she and i have been talking a lot more and we decided to move in together, since i have my own dorm. i helped her understand that no matter what happens, life still goes on and that she should be happy for Mal and Ben. we hang out a lot and get along really well. Jay doesn't hate me anymore, it turns out, he never really did.

   it's Saturday and Audrey and i are in our room, doing homework and studying until we hear a squeal. it's not just any squeal, though. it's an Evie squeal. Audrey and i go to Evie and Mal's room, down the hall.
"we heard an Evie squeal. what's wrong?" i ask the two VKs. Evie's jumping up and down while Mal is holding up a small plastic stick in her hand.
"maybe this will answer your question" Mal tells us, giving me the pregnancy test. my eyes widen when i see two lines.
"OMG, Mal! congrats!" Audrey and i yell together. "you have to tell Ben!" Audrey exclaims.
"i know, but he has an important meeting soon. it might last a few hours" Mal sighs.
"well, his fiancé being pregnant is more important than anything!" i say. Mal sighs again. "he's always busy these days. we can hardly get a single second together." the purple haired girl says, her voice cracking. Evie rushes over to her best friend to comfort her.
"Audrey and i will get him to spend a least a minute with you, Mal. even if we have to kidnap him." i assure her, leading Audrey out of the room.

   when we finally find Ben, he just came out of a meeting.
"Ben! there you are! you're coming with us!" i tell him, grabbing his wrist.
"why? i have and important meeting that i had to be at a minute ago!" he king exclaims, checking his watch.
"too bad." Audrey tells him. he's wearing a confused expression on his face.
"let me ask you this, what's more important, constant meetings or your fiancé?" i ask him. his eyes open wide enough to pop out of his head when i mention Mal.
"what's wrong with her? did she disappear? is she evil again? is she back on the Isle?" Ben starts firing questions at us and we take him to Mal and Evie's room.
"oh, hi Ben. thanks guys." Mal says, a small smile on her pale face. Audrey and i smile proudly.
"Mal? what's wrong? you're really pale" Ben asks his fiancé, rushing over to her.
"we'll leave you two alone" i say, taking Evie's hand and follow Audrey out of the room, closing the door behind us. we stand there for a minute until Carlos and Jay come from around the corner. there're both equally confused as to why Audrey, Evie and i are standing outside of Mal and Evie's room with the door closed. "um, what are you guys doing?" Jay asks, as confused as before. "you'll see" i say, smiling. the boys are even more confused. then the door opens, revealing Mal and Ben.
"well, you're all here so we may as well tell you guys." Mal says, gesturing us to enter the room all five of us go into the room and Ben closes the door behind us. Audrey, Evie, and i are letting out small giggles that he can't keep in. Jay and Carlos are still confused.
"guys, we're expecting!" Mal exclaims. Jay and Carlos exchange confused looks. wow, they really have no clue what that means, do they? Mal rolls her eyes.
"there's gonna be a new heir!" Ben exclaims. "what are you two talking about?" Carlos asks, still having no clue what they meant.
"Mal's pregnant!" Ben, Evie, Audrey, and i shout at the boys. "ohhh" Carlos says. "wait, what?!" he continues, actually realizing what we said. Jay and Carlos look mad.
"um, you guys good?" Audrey asks the two angry boys.
"we're ok, but he isn't gonna be." Jay spits, pointing at Ben.
"calm down, guys!" i yell, stopping Carlos from attacking Ben while Evie stops Jay from doing the same.
"how can we calm down when he got our sister pregnant?!" Jay yells, fighting Evie's grasp.
"boys, it's ok!" Mal yells at them, surprised with their reaction.
"Ben, Audrey, Jane, if you'll excuse us, the VKs and i need to have a little talk." Mal says and Audrey follow Ben as he dashed out of the room.

-Carlos' POV-

   when everyone told Jay and i that Mal's pregnant, i got really mad. i'm not entirely sure why, but it's probably because i've known Mal almost all my life and she was always there for me but then Ben proposed and she said yes, and now she's pregnant. i almost feel like Jay and i don't matter to her anymore.

   once the AKs leave the room, Mal shoots Jay and i a mad look.
"care to explain what just happened?" she spits. Jay and i look down, embarrassed.
"sorry, Mal but your pretty much my sister and i don't want him to do anything to you." i admit, still embarrassed. Mal sighs understandably. "i understand you guys are protective, but can you imagine how much trouble you guys would've gotten into if Evie and Jane didn't stop you? no matter what Ben does to me, he's still king and if you hurt him, you'll get yourselves a
one-way ticket back to the Isle. is that what you want?" Mal asks us and we shake our heads no. "sorry" Jay and i say.
"it's fine." Mal sighs "you better get going, it's past curfew." she tells us and we leave the room to go to our room.

this chapter is longer than i thought! comment ideas for things that could happen! i think imma wait until Mal gives birth before we do the wedding. bye!

keep calm and read on! ✌🏻