Prologue

The world used to be good, though many would say it was going to hell. If only those people knew what kind of world people lived in now. It was hell. If someone was asked if they wished they could go back in time when the biggest problems were straws vs turtles, gay rights, god vs no god, etc... they would one hundred percent go back. Those problems were small compared to what happened only a few hundred years later. 

The news every morning would flash on with the stories the companies decided to go with, but one day... every station was showing the same thing, "ALERT! ALERT! THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN INVADED! EVERYONE STAY IN YOUR HOMES UNTIL MORE INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN!"

Those words repeated on every television, phone, and computer nonstop for three days. No one knew who these invaders are, but everyone knew this wouldnt be good. Finally the words went off, but for no other reason than the electricity had gone out and all of the phones and computers were dying. No one knew what to do. Everyone waited for days as there had been enough apocalypse movies to know that freaking out would be the worst thing to do.

But maybe they should have...

The next few weeks consisted of everyone in the country trying to ration the food that was left while staying inside the best they could. Every now and then the televisions would flash on, give a city, a number, and the flash off. It took about a week before people started realizing that it was cities that had been taken over and how many people of those cities were left. 

Eventually, there was barely any food left and people had to start going outside to try to get more. It had been two months and over 3 quarters of the cities in the country had been taken over. What was going on and who had invaded were still unknown. It only took another three weeks before the whole country had been invaded. People were hoping some of the other countries would come to their rescue, but little did they know, the whole world had been invaded. 

Now as for what happened when the cities got taken over, these unknown invaders would round up all the people in the middle of the city. People had their choice to pledge loyalty or die. Most who put up a fight were sentenced to immediate death, those above 40 were sentenced too immediate death, and those with major disabilities were sentenced to immediate death. 

Those who were three and under were taken to be raised new. Those who were four to twenty-one were taken to schools, basically college universities that had been transformed to the invaders liking, to be taught how to act, work, and behave the way the invaders wanted. Those who were twenty-two to thirty were taken to work and occasionally a few couple were picked out to reproduce.  Those who were  thirty-one and up were meant to work and only work. Once someone reached forty, they were taken somewhere to never be heard from again.

There were a few people who fought, but most didn't after seeing that these invaders had no mercy when it came to death. Those who fought, depending on their age, were killed, punished and returned back to their section, or punished and given to a "family" to help them adjust.

This is where the story starts.