seven • promises

Angie's POV

I was tired of the drama between Ricky and I. Yesterday at practice, the tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife. It was like that at the cookout Ryan had hosted, too.

That's why I was going over to Ricky's house.

I wasn't just going to make things right. I was going to tell him exactly how I felt, about the kiss and everything.

I got out of the shower and grabbed my clothes. I was definetly trying to look sexy, so I grabbed a matching black outfit. It consisted of a tight black skirt and a tight black crop top. I grabbed platform boots to make me a bit taller.

I left my naturally straight hair down. I had dyed it pink not to long ago. I applied my makeup and admired how put together I looked. I hope I didn't look like I was trying to hard.

I grabbed my keys and walked out to the garage. I had gotten a loan to buy a car since the guys were always asking me to drive to their houses.

Ricky only lived ten minutes away, so I made it there quickly. His house was medium sized and white. There was an elegant oak door that I knocked on politely.

He opened it and looked surprised. I smoothed out my skirt. "C-come in," he stuttered.

I walked in a took a seat on the couch next to him. "Why'd you come here?" He asked.

I placed my hands on his knees and kissed him. He kissed me back almost immediately. We pulled away and I smiled. "I came here to tell you that no matter how much I try to get you and that kiss we shared the other day out of my head, I can't."

He exhaled loudly and placed a small kiss on my lips once more. "Me too."

"But Ricky ... this will jeapordize the band."

"I know, but I don't want this to end."

"It shouldn't have even started."

"Please, Angie. Let me take you out on one date. Let me prove to you that I can do good."

"I'm not worried about that. I know that you're a great person. What happens if we get into a relationship and break up? What will happen to the band?"

"Please ... one chance. If I charm you enough, I can take you out again. Deal?"

"You've already charmed me enough, but yes."

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Can our first date be a movie night? You can sleepover and we can order Chinese."

"That sounds great, but I don't have comfy clothes."

"I'll lend you mine, even though that outfit makes you look sexy."

I blushed. "No it doesn't."

"Yes it does!" He called, running upstairs; I presume to get me clothes.

He came back down and tossed sweatpants and a hoodie at me, all black of course. He pointed me towards the bathroom and told me he was going to order the food.

Things really did change, didn't they? Ricky and I used to practically hate each other just yesterday, and now we're going on a date?

He ran back into the living room, flopping onto the couch next to me. "Food will be here in about fifteen minutes."

"Okay."

"Let's play twenty questions while we wait!" He suggested eagerly, making me giggle.

"Okay, where were you born?"

"Seattle, Washington. When's your birthday?"

"November 18th. What was your childhood like?"

"It was nice, for awhile. My parents were super cool and supportive, same with my younger sister. Her name's Lilly. It was all good until I started to think I would never get where I wanted to be. I was 19 and I ... i tried to k-kill myself."

I wrapped my arms around Ricky. He took a shaky breath and continued. "It was my sister's 17th birthday. But then I realized I didn't want to miss out on the good things in life. I r-ran into my sister's room and she saved me. Then Chris found me and offered me a spot in the band."

I was still wrapped around Ricky's small frame. "I'll always be here for you. I'll never leave."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I don't like living in Michigan lol this shit sucks.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
720 words