Chapter 1

The sun's rays bathed the city in warmth. You passed by people smiling and talking, and you thought to yourself how much you wished you had that anymore. You had just moved to Seasoning City looking for a new start, attempting to run away from the past.

Your train of thought was interrupted by your stomach grumbling. "Guess I should eat something then." You thought to yourself. You've been trying to spend as little as possible because of how much renting out your new place was. Looking for somewhere to eat, you passed by a Mob Donald's. "I guess this place will do." You sighed as you opened the door to the fast food joint.

Lost in thought and staring at your feet as you walked further into the building, the sudden impact of another person that was thrashed into you.

Fries, burgers, and soft drinks began to fly in the air. The man you bumped into was falling quickly as well. Suddenly, everything had stopped. In a brief moment of panic, you used your telekinesis to stop anything from falling, bringing the food safely back to it's tray and the man sitting unharmed. You on the other hand, still fell to the ground on your rear end.

"I-I'm so sorry! Are you alright? This is all my fault, I should of looked where I was going and- My powers... You saw my powers oh no, don't tell me I have to move again!!!" You panicked and began mumbling to yourself and shaking a little, clutching your hands close to your chest. The man saw this and put his hands out in reassurance. "Hey, it's okay! I'm fine, thanks to your quick actions! Don't worry about your powers, I happen to be a psychic as well." Just as the words had left his mouth, he had pulled put a business card from his jacket and handed it to you.

You began to slowly calm down and glanced at the card, and looked up at the mans eyes. "So... you're like me?" You asked with curiosity and wonder in your eyes. You had never met anyone else with similar abilities to your own. "Yep! Would you like to sit down at a table with me? My student and I were just about to finish writing the final chapters of a novel about all the amazing accomplishments I've had using my powers." He boasted, standing to his feet, food in one hand, and the other reached out to help you up. You grabbed his hand as he helped you to your feet, and followed him to his table. "Accomplishments using powers? I've only ever had tragedies because if mine..." you thought to yourself.

"Oi! Mob, I hope you don't mind another guest here with us, she's an esper just like us! And from what I've seen, her powers are pretty impressive." He said, placing the tray of food on to the table. You blushed a little not used to compliments on your powers, or yourself at all actually. "I don't mind at all master. But another esper? Is that really true Miss..." he trailed off, realizing he didn't know your name. "O-Oh! It's y/n. And you two are?"

"Eh? Didn't you read the business card I gave to you?" Reigen asked. "I may have just glanced over it..." You chuckled, slightly nervous. "Well in that case I'm Reigen Arataka! Greatest psychic of the 21st century!" "Greatest psychic? Really?" You're eyes looked up at him in admiration. "Wait, then how come I don't feel an aura coming from you?" You asked. You're very naive but from your little knowledge of other psychics, you've heard that they all had a psychic aura coming from them.

"Oh! That!" Reigen broke out into a nervous sweat. "Well it's OBVIOUS I don't have an aura because my power level is so strong I can hide it from others! Everyone can just think that I'm your average man but then BAM! They see my full potential."

"Really? Wow, I never knew psychics can do that... I can feel your student's aura and the power radiating from him is incredible! I'm sorry I still never got your name!" You blushed a bit, feeling rude for not finding it out sooner.

"Oh, my name is Shegio Kageyama. Most people just call me Mob though." "Mob? Why is that?" "Because I don't really stand out, I'm nothing too special."

Those words didn't seem to bother Shegio at all, but they made you pity the boy. "Don't talk about yourself like that! You've got these amazing powers and this amazing boss! Of course you're somebody special! You wouldn't mind if I called you by your actual name, would you? Shegio, right?"

"Oh! I wouldn't mind at all." Shegio blushed a little seeing how quickly you were to say such kind things about him. He was flattered that you wanted to call him by his first name. Reigen was also blushing from flattery after hearing you call him "an amazing boss".

"I've only just met this girl and she already thinks I'm some amazing psychic. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm used to telling people that but why does something feel... different? Perhaps it's because she's not a client...?" Reigen thought to himself. He was beginning to get lost in thought when his though process was interrupted.

"Master are you okay? You haven't said anything in awhile." Shegio asked; Reigen was usually the type to blurt out whatever stupid thing came into his head unless something was on his mind. "Oh! Yeah I'm alright Mob, just thinking about business. Anyways, why don't we eat before the food gets cold?"

You began to get out of your seat."Oh I should probably go an order my food th-" Reigen gently grabbed your wrist keeping you from going anywhere. "Don't worry about it, we have plenty so just eat what you'd like!"

"A-are you sure? I don't want to be a burden..." You felt guilty, as if you were only being a nuisance, yet you were flattered. You have only met Reigen about 10 minutes ago and he's generous enough to pay for your meal.

"Don't worry about it, I insist." Reigen smiled, letting to of your wrist. "Alright then, thank you for your kindness Reigen!" And with that you sat down.

"Y/n, what do you do for work?" Reigen asked, attempting to make small talk to get to know more about you.

"Oh well, nothing yet. I actually just moved here to Seasoning City about a week ago! I was actually about to start looking for jobs today." You said popping a fry into your mouth.

"Looking for jobs you say? Well in that case would you like to work for me?" You nearly choked on your french fry.

"Oh you don't have to offer me a job, I don't want to be trouble..." "Trouble? You haven't been of any trouble y/n! My business deals with exorcising evil spirits to make the world a better place and to help people! With powers like yours I'm sure you could be a great help to the business! Mob here is my student and he helps out during jobs so I can properly train him. How about you becoming my assistant? What do you say? I'm sure this job could teach you a few things as well! Do you want the job?" Reigen held his hand out for a handshake to seal the deal. Shegio looked in curiosity. Reigen has never offered someone a job on the spot of just meeting them, even if they did have physic powers. There was no interview, no nothing. Just a simple handshake would seal the deal.

"What am I doing? I only just met her? But I
can't go back on the deal now, besides she seems like she WOULD be good at the job..." Reigen thought to himself.

You were astonished. You couldn't manage to say anything. Was this really happening? A man you had met by chance with self proclaimed psychic powers was offering you, a psychic, a job that would deal with you using the powers you saw as a burden for so long. Maybe taking this job could help you learn to love your powers.

After looking dumbfounded for about 15 solid seconds, you finally grasped on to his hand.

"Alright, it's a deal!" You said with a spark of hope in your eyes.

Maybe this was the beginning to the new start that you have been searching for.

(First chapter down! Hopefully many to come!!! Sorry if this chapter is sucky, I'm no good at writing intros to anything, but I hope that you enjoy and stay to read more!! )