Chapter 2

After everyone had finished a meal full of small talk and laughter, Reigen and Mob had to head back to Spirits and Such. They were supposed to finish up one of the chapters in Reigen's book, but after meeting you, everyone got caught up in chit chat.

"Would you look at the time! I guess you could say we got a little distracted and didn't make any progress on the book, huh Mob?" Reigen asked Mob, not expecting an answer. "Let's head back to the office, and we can start writing there."

Reigen was about to get up and throw away everyone's trash when he was halted by a tug at his sleeve. "Hang on a moment, you can't possibly leave without cleaning up a little bit first." You had a napkin in your hand and gently wiped off Reigen's messy face. This wasn't supposed to be anything with meaning besides "you look like you slammed your face into the food, let me get that for you". You've always had a motherly instinct for these kinds of things. Reigen began to blush profusely from the sudden contact until you were done.

"There! All cleaned up Reigen. Is he always this messy of an eater Shigeo?" Y/n teased. "Yeah, his face always tends to get messy whenever he eats anything."

You began to giggle a bit, which made Reigen blush out of embarrassment even more. "M-Mob! You didn't have to answer that!" Reigen practically shouted, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

He quickly shuffled over to the trashcan to throw everything away and came back to you and Mob, still slightly embarrassed, clearing his throat before he spoke.

"A-Alright y/n, when will you be able to get started at work?" Reigen said, clearing his throat, trying to change the topic. "There's usually plenty of customers to help everyday, and the sooner you can start, the better!" He grinned.

"The sooner the better? Well I don't have anything planned for the rest of the day since I was going to go look for jobs all day, but you've already got THAT covered it seems." You chuckled, looking at Reigen with gratitude in your eyes. "So would it be alright if I could head back with you and Shigeo? I-If it's not a problem of course! I could always wait until tomorrow morning if so!" You began to fidget with your hands, worrying if you just accidentally overstepped a boundary.

In the extremely short time he's known you, Reigen could already tell you were a very caring person, and thought carefully about how others felt before doing or saying anything. "Of course it would be alright! I did say the sooner the better now, didn't I? The office isn't too far from here, let's head over now." Reigen said, in his normal confident voice, yet he was giving you a soft look, assuring you it was alright. You smiled warmly at him and began to follow him and Mob out.

The three of you began to make your way to Spirits and Such. "The office is just a few blocks this way, it won't be long until we reach our destination." Reigen said, shoving his hands into the side pockets of his grey slacks.

You were observing your surroundings to get to know the city a little better. As people passed by, you looked at Reigen and Mob and smiled to yourself. "Just a few minutes ago I was alone in a new environment. Now I have new friends and a new job, as long as I can keep my psychic powers in check maybe life here will be what I was hoping for."

You were so lost in thought, that you didn't realize that you've arrived, causing you to bump into Reigen.

"O-Oh goodness! I'm so sorry Reigen, I spaced out for a bit, please forgive me!" You were spiraling, repeatedly apologizing as you bowed practically begging for forgiveness.

Reigen began to sweat a little, feeling bad about how awful you felt about a minor thing. "Is she always so... jumpy and nervous? Geez I do feel bad, I wonder what caused this. Has she always been like this, or could it be something from the past?" He snapped out of his thoughts, and quickly but gently put his hands on your shoulders. "It's okay! It's okay! Nobody was hurt, and everything's okay! You don't have to be so worried and afraid when it comes to little things like this. I want you to feel comfortable working here, so go ahead and let loose if you can, okay?"