Chapter Fifteen

He hated the woods. The heat and humidity made it difficult to breathe and all of these fucking insects crawling along his body made him want to set the forest on fire.

He didn't understand why Darcy would want to come out here in the first place. She deserved expensive champagne and silk sheets, not some country bumpkin's version of a good time.

He peeked inside the window of the small cabin, letting out a violent curse when it looked unused like the other eight he had checked. He would have known exactly which cabin Darcy was staying in if that damned park ranger hadn't have stopped him from following the car he knew for a fact Maddox Reece was in.

He crossed the cabin off the map he had stolen from the park ranger, splatters of blood dried on the corners. He wouldn't have had to kill the man if he had just handed it over to begin with, but the bastard had refused.

He had hundreds of cabins left to check out but he was desperate, needed to have Darcy in his arms soon; so he just accepted the fact he would be searching all day and night.

He would have to punish Darcy of course, for making him come all the way out to this Hellhole to save her; but he knew she would like it. He had been dreaming of tying her up and having his way with her body, never letting her find release while he emptied himself inside of her every time. She would be begging for him to pleasure her and he would be more than willing.

He made sure he was on the right path before tucking away the stolen map, humming a happy tune that penetrated the silence of the woods surrounding him.