The Three Christmas Wishes

It's the month of November and Christmas is coming. Martha was excited because this is the only time that she would see her father again for his absence during the past three years. She really missed her father and she was very excited to hug him. Martha was now eight years old and a grade two student at a popular school in Manila. She was a jolly and cute little girl with a one big smile. A smile which entertains everyone especially their neighbors, her classmates and every people she met.

She and her mother lived in a two-storey concrete yellow painted house which is full of flowering plants outside. They are not poor, and they are not rich as well. They just live in a simple way of living.

One sunday morning, she wake up and get up from her bed happily. This is the day that she will be receiving a news from her father who works at Saudi Arabia as an engineer. She jumped and jumped for joy on her bed and get her favorite doll at her pink table.

"This will be my happiest day. Finally I am going to see father again. I can't wait for it. I cannot wait to hug him."said Martha while carrying her doll which she called Maggie.

"Martha, breakfast is ready."said a voice from below. Of course that was her mother, Emily. She was a thirty-five year old woman with an amiable and sweet character. She was very caring to her daughter and a loving wife to her husband.

Martha went down from the stairs and went to the table. She is still wearing her night suit, a pink dress and a pink pajamas. Of course it is obvious that her favorite color is pink. There, she found at the table the breakfast which her mother prepared. A fried egg and hotdog, her favorite fried chicken and a rice.

"Haven't you receive any news from father?"asked Martha to her mother.

"I am still waiting for his chat on the internet. I hope he will be with us this Christmas. You will be happy for that darling, wont you?"said her mother while stiring Martha's milk.

"Of course mama, that is my only Christmas wish. I really want to hug him. I was feeling a little insecure with my classmates. I always saw them together with their father. I always..."

"Come on darling, don't say those words. Father will surely be with us this Christmas."interrupted her mother while kissing the childs forehead.

They eat their meal and they went to the church. Of course, Martha prayed that her father will spent his Christmas with them. Evening came and still no news was heard from Martha's father. She was now lying on her bed, hugging her doll, Maggie.

" I wasn't sure that father will be with us this Christmas."said the child to the doll as if the thing has a life. Suddenly there came a knocking at the door. It was her mother, asking the child to went with her to her room. There, she found her father, not in person, but in a computer screen telling them that he wont be with them this Christmas. It hurted her most and she came back to her room and began to weep while hugging Maggie. This will be the saddest Christmas for her. And when her pillows are already wet with her tears, she closed her eyes and get into a peaceful sleep.

She was awaken by a touch on her hand. When she opened her eyes, she could still see the moon and the stars outside her window and when she turns her head to another side, she found a lady standing who was very alike with her doll, Maggie. She was very surprised and screamed a little bit, but the lady said:

"Hush... do not be afraid of me Martha, I wont hurt you."

"Maggie, is that you?"asked the curious child.

"Yes. I am. This is me Martha."replied Maggie.

"But how? How could you..."

"No more story telling my dear. I am here to make your wish come true. But first you have to help me in accomplishing three wishes."interrupted Maggie.