A game of Kings

BELKHIM

It was a cold night in winter wall, but actually it had always been cold, belkhim thought to himself. Fate had assigned him to guard the wall this night against everything that lived on the other side of the wall. Those beings who lived there had been hurting him and his people for centuries, until the Supreme Crimean (chief of the dwarfs) had decided twenty years ago that it was time to keep all those miserable beings out by means of of a twenty five meter high, ten meter thick and three kilometer long wall. The wall itself was made of pure granite, the strongest material on earth but also the most difficult to work with. It had taken three generations before the wall was finished. Thousands of dwarfs had dabbled on it and a lot of sweat and blood had been shed until it was finally finished. Now, a few thousand years later, he, belkhim, was one of the few designated to protect the wall. Only the very best warriors had the great privilege of protecting the wall, at least that was what most dwarfs thought. Personally, belkhim thought it was just bad luck to be able to supervise here, there was nothing to do and it was cold and cold. Also, in three thousand years, one of those dangerous creatures had never been seen signaled by that new supreme crime. Belkhim knew that most of the warriors stationed here thought the same about it, and most dwarfs thought the supreme crime a weak, foolish dwarf, which by the way was quite rare among dwarfs, most dwarfs had always been a combative people. Many had protested against the arrival of the weak super crime, but it had not done much, and now the super crime had kept its people under control. The gong sounded, belkhim finally thought; the changing of the guards. belkhim, like every other dwarf, had longed for it. He walked back towards his barrack that was hanging tens of meters above the ground on the good side of the wall, you could reach the barrack by going up a stairway in the wall and then going from the wall to the barrack. that was also something that dwarfs were exceptionally good at constructing and constructing structures. there is a legend that the legendary dwarf corhill once made a design for the sacred temple elsokihr of the elves.

On the way back, belkhim would probably also come across the new guard that the guard would take over from him, he was curious who would now take the guard. The person had quite bad luck, because he would have to wait from midnight to eight in the morning and as a result would miss out on breakfast and cook himself with the last scraps left by the chefs, which was usually not very much and only the tough pieces meat and moldy potatoes. He already saw the approaching guard coming, the dwarf clearly had a narrower but longer build than the average dwarf, and belkhim also saw that he could see a vague cape fluttering behind the man, but he was not entirely sure of that. Another twenty five meters until he saw the new guard, he became more and more curious about this new guard because he thought he knew almost every dwarf who worked here (which by the way were not many people) another ten meters and then he would find out. He could see now that the dwarf was wearing a black cloak and had put the hood over his head so that his face was covered in darkness. Both men stopped about two meters opposite each other and twice with their left hand slammed against their right chest, the secret sign that this was someone who belonged to the elite guard and was therefore not an enemy. A flurry of reassurance went through belkhim, he approached the man and shook his hand. "Belkhim" said belkhim "krog," the other dwarf said briefly. "Which barrack do you live in?" asked Belkhim. "One standing on this wall," the other said surly. Belkhim nodded and quickly ran away, still thinking to himself about what a rude dwarf the other dwarf was.

Then he felt a stabbing pain in his back, he growled in pain and turned to defend himself, but before he could do anything he got a big blow to his sleep and was thrown to the ground. he still vaguely saw how the other's feet came towards him,

and then everything went black

ISRA