J 001

He walked down the path to near the lake, the woods were unusually bright and the moon was full reflecting on the surface of the lake. There she was bent over by the bank of the lake, she stood upright, straightening her gown after spotting him head towards her. "Miss Bennett " he nodded finally coming to a halt in front of her. "Elijah, please we've talked about this call me Ayanna please" she said shuffling uncomfortably. He looked at her wondering what it was so urgent she had asked him to meet her at such an odd hour let alone only asking for his presence and none other's.  Taking a step forward and drawing in a deep breath to which Elijah could see she was trying to draw some courage her heart  thrumming violently against her chest. He narrowed  his gaze at her signalling her to say what ever it was that bothered her. She gulped "Qetsiyah, my great grandmother said to me that in time the Bennett line would end..." she started "What do you need of me?"

[New Orleans 20/04/2067 11:32 pm]

Shooting up form his dream or rather a memory Elijah buried his face in his hands. "Bad dream, brother?" Klaus stood at his doorway. For a moment he wondered if his brother had invaded his mind "Nothing serious" Elijah said getting up to go wash his face, something was up, different, he could feel a warm rush in his body. His blood was warm. "Well the delicious warmth radiating from your body begs to differ. I always have to be the one to fix things around here, what is it?" Klaus walked over to his brother who splashed water on his face continuously "It's nothing to worry about Nick, like I said it's nothing serious" he answered walking over to his closet to get a change of clothes. Just as quick he got out grabbing an umbrella and a small brown case Klaus swore he had seen before and reeked of magic. "Going out at such an odd hour?" " Not the time Kol" he swiftly went past and out the door.

[Mystic Falls 21/04/2067 01:15 am]

He stood near the tree stump  with a golden plate 'B.S Bennett beloved daughter and friend 05/02/1993-21/04/2063' it read. The rain poured calmly but the thunder was in contrast clapping and crashing violently with strikes of lightning here and there. Elijah carefully closed the umbrella and placed the suitcase on the ground kneeling before the tree stump. Opening the case he took a half full vial of blood and dagger out before drawing out a small piece of brown paper with the words of a dead language neatly written on it. He placed the vial on the tree stump and sliced through his palm, bringing his palm to the ground where he believed Bonnie's body laid he chanted the incarnation on the paper repeating the words carefully until he could feel a strong connection between him and the ground, as fast as it had come within the clap of thunder the connection was gone. It was done he felt it, his faint heart beat, a rhythm he had long forgotten. His heart was beating. "Hello Miss Bennett."

"Damon" she whispered. "Bonnie?" Damon shot up from his dream frantic. He looked around and calmed down when he saw Ms Cuddles still put on the sofa near the door facing him just the same way he had left her. "Damon? Are you alright? Another dream about Bonnie? I thought those ended a year ago what was it?" Elena asked her voice husky and eyes still sleepy, she draped her arms around him pulling him close as he ran a hand on his face. "I don't know everything else is just a blur then all of a sudden Ms Cuddles calls for me in her voice...Bonnie's voice." He told her placing a hand around her and holding her tight. Finally seeming to have been able to let go of the sleep Elena looked at him moving her hands to the sides of his face "Well at least the dreams have toned down a bit, like I said I can't make you get over Bonnie's death, people deal with grief in different ways some take longer to accept grief, all I can do is be here for you. I miss her too Damon, very much." She kissed his temple before laying back down on the bed. "It was like she needed me Lena, she needed me" he whispered in confusion "something doesn't feel right, it's like she's gone..." "she is gone Damon-" "no, it's like she's gone gone, like something absorbed her essence and her very existence gone, like something of hers is missing..." he argued still not making much sense to Elena as he is to himself "Damon let's sleep, we'll talk about this in the morning. Maybe seeing Stefan and Caroline will also do you some good I'll call the over." Elena said trying to at least cheer him up. "It is morning Lena" "well in that case I meant to say when the suns up, now try sleeping please." With that Damon laid back again attempting to sleep but still couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness, like Bonnie's spirit that's been with him all this time was snatched away.

--------

Thanks for reading. Please vote,comment and share this story.

Picture of Ayanna above.