29

You had some trouble sending Kageyama home, since he somewhat refused to leave at first. But you promised him you'd call him until he fell asleep and that seemed to be fine by him.

He had to sneak back inside his house since his parents were home and you just hoped he wouldn't get caught.

Luckily, he didn't and soon enough, your phone was going off with your phone flashing the username 'Milk Boy' on your screen.

Smiling, you picked up the phone and asked him if he got home alright. Not realising how fast time passed, it was soon 5 a.m. and you heard him try to muffle a yawn. You'd been talking for hours and you told him to go to sleep so you could go to school on time the next day.

"Go to sleep, Tobio, I'll still be here tomorrow."

He put up a fight but you stayed stubborn this time, not letting him have his way and he grudgingly went to bed.

"Fine fine, good night, (f/n)."

Once he hung up, you put your phone for charging and started making more decorations to hang sound the hall. Being on the decorating committee wad tedious work, but you didn't mind. You took pride in it.

You hadn't slept a wink and you covered it up with a good few layers of concealer and three cups of strong, black coffee before 8 in the morning.

A sleepy Kageyama came to your door and you offered him coffee, and for the first time he accepted it.

You struggled to stay awake during class, but luckily you'd been smart enough to bring a flask of coffee to school so anytime you felt exceptionally drowsy you'd have a few sips and regain energy for a while.

Yukio was concerned but you told her you'd sleep it off soon.

After school, you were helping Yukio decorate like you did everyday now, but you kept stumbling on the way so Yukio didn't let you get on the ladder.

Once practice was over, Kageyama came to see how you were doing and saw how ditsy you were. "Okay (f/n), that's enough work for one day. Make up for it tomorrow, let's get you to sleep." He insisted and Yukio helped persuade you, and you were sent home by your two friends.

Kageyama walked you, you were leaning most of your body weight on his shoulders and you were half asleep when walking. You were surprised you hadn't passed out.

You ran out of coffee after lunch time and you felt uncontrollable drowsiness, probably due to the fact that this was your second all nighter in a row, all for staying up making decorations.

Kageyama tucked you into bed and apologised, thinking it was his fault.

You laughed. "Don't tell Yukio, but I didn't sleep even after you hung up yesterday because I was making decorations. And the day before that I didn't sleep either. I'll sleep now! I pinky promise." You giggled like a child and Kageyama exhaled in relief, relieved that it wasn't all his fault.

"Sleep, (f/n). You can make decorations tomorrow. I'll help you if you just go to sleep." He didn't have to tell you twice, because you didn't even hear the end of that sentence. You were out, cold.

"Good night, (f/n). Sweet dreams." He whispered softly and closed your bedroom door behind him, making his way home.

~•~

You woke up quite early the next morning and felt all sweaty, sleeping in your uniform.

You changed into a spare change of your uniform so it wouldn't stink amd put the other in the wash. You made lunch for school and a grand breakfast for your grandma to feast on in the morning before setting down to rush through your homework.

There wasn't that much, so you got to shower quickly too and still had enough time to make decorations for a while to catch up on the amount if decorations you could've made when sleeping.

You were fully rested this time and felt better than ever. You texted Tobio saying you were heading to school first so he shouldn't wait for you.

On your way, you bumped into none other than Oikawa Tooru.

The two of you had sorted things out and he wasn't angry at you, much more at Kageyama but you managed to make him put his anger behind him. "Hey trash how's it going?"

"(F/n)-chan! So mean! So early in the morning!" He whined.

You chuckled. "You never change."

"Neither do you." He pointed out.

"Fair enough. Why're you out so early?"

"Early volleyball practice. Can't be left behind now can I?"

Your heart tightened when you heard that. "You did really well, Tooru." You said softly and he flashed you a sad smile.

"Thanks (f/n)-chan." He said, "What're you doing so early?"

You didn't want to change topics so quickly but Oikawa seemed to be feeling uncomfortable thinking about his loss against Karasuno, so you went with it. "Decorations for the end of the year party. It's coming faster than I thought."

"Who's the lucky guy you're going with (f/n)-chan?" Oikawa asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

You smacked his arm. "For your kind information, I'm not going with anyone. I haven't been asked, so I think I'll go with Yukio."

"You mean that idiot Tobio-chan hasn't asked you yet?! I'll show him." Oikawa huffed rolling up his sleeves.

You shook your head at him. "Why does he have to do the asking? I was planning on asking him, maybe." You shrugged.

Oikawa placed both his hands on your shoulders. "My (f/n)-chan is all grown up! Go make me proud!" Oikawa cheered, shedding a few fake tears causing you to giggle.

"Thanks for being so sweet about this, Tooru. I really appreciate it."

He only pulled you into a hug. "Tobio-chan is watching right now so I suggest you leave immediately before he acts up again." Oikawa whispered while hugging you.

You shook your head, not breaking the hug. "He said he wouldn't act up like before and I trust him. Tobio's matured y'know?" You stepped back from him. "I know you're worried, but it's okay. I like him for a reason and he's not going to let me down again."

Just as you'd finished speaking, Kageyama strolled up next to you and slung his arm around your shoulder. "Morning, (f/n)." He greeted and turned to Oikawa. "Hello, Oikawa-san." He said with a small bow. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

You saw a hesitant look in Oikawa's eyes but you nodded your head, asking him to trust you on this one. "I'll see you soon, Tobio. Catch up to me when you're done talking." You said and waves bye to the two.

Kageyama caught up only minutes after and he looked quite proud of himself. You already knew from the string of messages Oikawa had left for you that Kageyama apologised for his behaviour on New Years and Oikawa had grudgingly accepted.

You had a wide smile on your face too, extremely proud of Kageyama for stepping up and apologising himself.

"Let's go?" You asked, holding out your arm.

"Let's go." He nodded, linking arms with you, and the two of you made your way to school, smiles resting on your faces.

~•~

This feels kinda like a filler, sorry guys, but I think this book is gonna be over in like 2 more chapters so bare with me my lovelies

Stay fabulous babes xo