Chapter IX

The day was extremely hot as summer was at its peak. It’s around August and the group are working to finish their newly found home.

David: Everything alright on your end!

Farshad: Yeah man! The fence in built! We found two smart ones…but we handled it. But…we wasted quite a bit of ammo!

David: it’s alright... I’ll check up with the rest!

Julia walks up to David and reports to him.

Julia: Jace and I went out…we hunted a couple of squirrels and surprisingly two wild raccoons. How are things with the rest?

David: Looks like Stan and Brook got it figured. They planted some corn that we found and also the wild pigs that survived off when this world went to shit. I’m surprised we found a few actually…we don’t really have any weaponry…but we have supplies and defenses.

Julia: That’s good. Ae the fences finished? And also we should plan and make the signs!

David: The fences around the building are almost finished and we need paint to make the signs.

Julia: If I get something to paint with, we’ll do it right?

David: Yeah. Yeah.                

Julia: We’re doing alright. In just a few months, we did all this. We’re pretty incredible.

David: Yeah. We are. We had a horrible year but now we’re starting a new.

The group settled in a company building called “No Name” and found lots of unexpired cargo of foods. They’ve decided to make a home by building fences, finding flocks and stabilize a compound where people can join them if they we’re good people.

The sun was hot and the day felt humid. Since last few months after winter ended, the group added two new members whose names are Stan and Brook. They we’re cousins who survived together and found David’s group after settling near Sudbury.

Everyone was happy and the infected we’re kept off by all the fences they’ve built.

It was the second time in a while where everyone lived and worked with a smile on their face. The world may have gone through a disaster but right now, they live in peace.

The next morning, a sound of a huge explosion was heard very far away from the group. Everyone ran outside and saw the skies pushing towards Sudbury.

David: It’s coming right for us…wow… (He chuckles) The government is still up and running. They’re trying to kill the dead. Well, I guess we aren’t the luckiest. The debris will kill us…The explosion is too far off.

Farshad: This will be our last moments (He looks at the group as the winds blow stronger)

David: It’s been nice knowing you guys! (He smiles at everyone)

As the explosion quickly reaches the group, it obliterates everything in its path.

David: OH MY GOD! (He yells out loud)

David found himself sitting on the couch and the TV was on the news channel. Everything seemed to be as it was four years ago. David got up and looked everywhere…It was a hot day and his bag from school was left on the floor where he left it as soon as he came home from school.

David flips through channels on TV and finds nothing of an emergency broadcast shown. He then quickly runs to the bathroom and sees himself in the mirror, a seventeen year old teenager.

David: Was it a dream? It was too real to be a dream! There’s no way that was a dream! It felt so real! And how could I fall asleep on the couch after coming from school?

David walks into Yoni’s room and seeing him quickly hide his stash of weed into a cabinet

Yoni: Ohh! It’s just you! (He takes back the bag of weed from his cabinet) Knock first bro!

David: Yo man! I don’t even know where to start. I had the more fucked up dream! It’s like I lived four years through an apocalypse in just half an hour of sleep. Me, you, Ilia, Guy, Suzy and Farshad we’re in it. Guy died. Ilia died. You died. And then we all died in the end.

Yoni: Are you sure you’re not on some drugs?

David: No bro!

Yoni: Hmmm, LSD maybe?

David: Dude! I’m not! (He yelled)

Yoni: Ok! Calm Down!           

As David started explaining his whole dream to his elder brother, the prime minister suddenly appeared on the screen of the TV and started speaking as the apocalypse started a new.