The Gang's Protection.

You'd never been where Bruno worked before, and was surprised to see that it was an average looking building, just big enough to house a few members. Bruno stopped the car and turned to you. "Prepare yourself, my group's a strange bunch. 2 of them are loud, 1 likes to complain a lot when he's not being antisocial, and the other is a bit quick tempered, so just don't piss him off. You'll know which is which when you meet them." "Wow... they sound... interesting....." You were surprised your calm and kind boyfriend worked around such people. "Don't worry though. They're good men that grow on you." Buccellati was getting out of the car. He walked over and opened your door, then offered to take your hand. You took it and slowly got out, smiling at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gang was sitting around, waiting for Buccellati to return with his girlfriend. They'd been discussing the issue since their leader had left. "Look, all I'm sayin' is that we'll need to be extra kind to this girl. She's probably scared for her life, and it'll make it worse if us gang members scare her even further." Mista was arguing with Abbacchio. "It doesn't matter how we treat her, if Buccellati wants us to protect her, then we have to, but that doesn't mean we have to enjoy it or pretend to enjoy it. We're basically going to be babysitting a civilian here. The thing that matters to me is that Buccellati has someone after him, that's so desperate, they'd drag someone like her into it." "Well no one's sayin' we shouldn't be concerned about that. How would you feel if someone you cared for got caught up in your problems? His girlfriend is getting caught up in something she has nothing to do with, they probably both feel awful right about now." Abbacchio was silent for a moment, then said: "I'd just hate to get a civilian killed. Especially if she means so much to Buccellati. People like her just shouldn't be involved with us..." He looked down in thought and everyone fell silent.

Just then, the door opened. Bruno was walking in, your suitcase in his hand. The gang looked towards him, and waited. You hadn't entered yet, and he turned to you, standing nervously outside the door. "Hurry up and get in here, they won't hurt you." Slowly, you followed him in and the gang got their first look at you, and you at them. They were all young men and weren't nearly as scary as you had imagined. Besides the way they dressed, they didn't really look different from normal people. Then again, Bruno was one of them too, so you didn't know what you were expecting. "Everyone, this is (y/n)...." Bruno introduced you to each member. Abbacchio, the judgmental one, you could tell because he didn't have much to say. Mista, one of the loud ones, as he had several, and almost flirty greetings for you. Fugo, he must have been the quick tempered one, because he had a normal greeting, but when Narancia, the other loud one, came up to you, asking several questions like "How old are you?" and "I can't believe Buccellati got someone as cute as you!" he grabbed him by the throat and pulled him away swiftly, apologizing for his rudeness. This was the gang that would be protecting you for a while.

(Note: This takes place before Giorno joins.)

Before conversing with them about your protection, Bruno insisted on showing you where you were going to stay. You followed him through a hallway and up some stairs. Finally, you arrived to the room. It turns out, it was his room. "You're ok with staying with me right amore?" He gave you a soft smile, that made you blush. "Of course, but.... I'm not used to seeing you everyday..." "I'll still be busy during the day, but I will be able to sleep next to you now." He pulled his arm around you, pulling you into him. "So, what do you think of the gang?" he asked. You laughed a little. "I'm not sure how to think. They're just like you said they were." "They don't seem like it at first, but trust me, they're pretty strong and reliable men." He released you from his one arm hug and set your case on his bed. "Now then... let's go set up our plan." He gave you a small kiss before leading you back to the front room.