Chapter 1

I feel the air rush past me as I drop. When I hit the net the wind is knocked out of me. I feel it being pulled, so I reach for the hand being gave to me.

When I'm I'm pulled from the net I am met by a male. He has a genital look to him. Soft eyes, kind eyes.

"Name?" he says

"Uh-" I say "Bea-"

"Is it hard?" he ask.

"No it's Tris," I say.

"First jumper, Tris," he says.

There is a crowd that roars. Everybody finialy comes down the net. I find Christina.

"I am Four-" he is interrupted by Christina, "what 1, 2, 3, was taking?" she ask and laughed.

He stalks over to her. "Listen hear candor smart-mouth I would ask you wouldn't I?"

She nods.

"This is the pit." a Four explains, "and this is the chasm, the chasm reminds us that there is a fine line between bravery and idiocy!" Four shouts. "A daredevil jump off this ledge will end your life. It's happened before and it'll happen again."

We brake for lunch and find most of the seats are taken. We are forced to set by Four.

I think he's about to say something when a guy-Uriah- I think is what he said his name was. Came over and said "hello ladies."

"Hey." Me and Christina say, "Uriah right?" Christina ask.

"Yes and how are you lovely lady's doing in dauntless?" Uriah ask.

"We are doing just fine," Christian says.

I person comes and talks to Uriah. "That's Eric, he's a real ass, I have somethings I've got to do. I'll see you later at training." He says.

"Wow he was cute," Christina says.

"Yes he was," i say.

"You should spend some more time with him."

"Christina!" I whisper yell because we are still in the cafeteria.

"What I'm just saying. He was flirting with you," she tells me.

My face brightens up to a deep shade of red. "Your abnegation side is showing, you like him!" she squeaks.

"No I don't." I say and glare at my food.

"What never seen a hamburger before." Christina says.

"No I've seen one before just never eaten one." I tell her.

A guy -Will- explains" abnegation eats plain food with a minimum season and a plant base sty."

"What textbook did you swallow?" Christina ask.

"I'm will erudite." He says.

"Christina candor." She says and smiles.

Christina, Will, and Al I think, talk.

"So what were you, transfer or dauntless born."

"You kidding right? What makes you think you can talk to me." He says

"I don't know maybe it's because your so approachable, you know like a bed of nails."

"Careful Tris."