what went wrong?

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Lia screamed, pushing her wife harshly who had her back bump into the table behind her.

"I'm so tired of you, Yeji! You keep doing shit to hurt me!" Lia threw everything towards Yeji, be it a plate, a spoon or a cushion and the taller girl had successfully avoided every single one.

"Am I not enough? What's so amazing about her? Tell me, Hwang Yeji-"

"Just shut up, Lia! Shut up!" Yeji covered her ears before launching forward to punch the wall behind Lia, trapping her between Yeji's body and the wall. Lia gulped as she saw the look in Yeji's eyes, cold and anger.

"What you think you saw was far from what actually happened," Lia scoffed and grabbed a fistful of Yeji's shirt that had weird marks on it.

"You're saying this is far from what happened? Right, fuck you." Lia pushed her away and ran to their shared bedroom only to lock herself up, leaving Yeji in the midst of the mess they had made in the living room and dining room.

She could only sigh, glancing at her knuckles that were already bruising. She still felt anger boiling inside of her and due to frustration, tears fell down her cheeks as she went to clean up the mess.

Lia leaned against the door of the bedroom, heaving a sigh before sobbing loudly while she let her body fall down to the floor weakly. This wasn't the first time they had a huge fight and this certainly wasn't the first time Lia had sobbed her heart out to herself without Yeji chasing after her.

She had learned on how to cope with the pain by herself, she wondered why she hadn't left Yeji despite all of the shit that had happened between them. Lia knows she loves Yeji too much to the point that she turns a blind eye every time. They always fought, only to have meaningless sex after to make up for it.

It's not that Lia didn't like it. She was just tired. Everything in their marriage had lost its value. She found it hard to trust Yeji and her guts are always telling her that Yeji had never been up to good and she was always right.

She threw her fist onto her chest repeatedly, feeling as if she was suffocated, she couldn't breathe and it hurt so much to take a breath.

"Jisu?"

"L- Leave m-me a- alone, Ye-" She couldn't bring herself to call out the girl's name without breaking down. Her face red, nose red and runny, tears starting to stain her face and eyes swollen. "Please, just leave me alone." She said in one breath, banging her head against the door in frustration of not being able to breathe properly.

Yeji stood on the other side, tears still streaming down as she sat beside the door. She could hear Lia's sobs and gasps but she couldn't do anything because she knows it's her fault.

She knows she isn't a good wife yet she kept on fucking around and lying to the girl who had stayed by her side through their ups and downs. The girl who agreed to take her in for the rest of their lives.

What went wrong, you ask? Yeji couldn't find the reason. She just couldn't commit and now they were in this mess. It was all her fault but her ego was as high as the sky, maybe even higher and she can't easily admit her mistakes and wrongdoings.

They stayed like that for hours, Lia had fallen asleep against the door until she heard Yeji's soothing yet poisonous voice singing her a song.

I'm still on your netflix
Girl, I know you love me
Even though, your parents
They don't fucking trust me.

Lia felt her heart shrink.

They prolly alright though
I know I'm an asshole
No replies to all your text
Girl, I do you mad cold

Like you're just dying to drive
But you can't find the keys now
Looking for god
But you're down on your knees
I'm all that you want
But not what you need

Girl, why?
Tell me why do you still love me.
Why do you love me?
You know you shouldn't love me
Yet you still love me.

It hurt Lia so much. As to how the song had portrayed their relationship. She sighed, and crawled onto their bed, throwing her exhausted self into a deep sleep.

Why do you need me?
When you know you don't need me
It's tearing you apart
I leave you broken and shaken
Yet you still call me, baby

Tell me why do you still love me.