Chapter One

The smell of warm tea and rain mingled together as Addison and Luke collapsed on the bed, soft giggles escaping their slightly swollen lips. Luke leaned in again, wanting more than anything to steal another loving kiss from Addison Moore. He wasn't the type to cheat on his girlfriend, but Charlie was the last thing on his mind.

The rain slowly cascaded from the sky, the sweet smell of dew filling the cosy apartment. It was dusk when both of their clothes were on the floor and Luke was on top of Addison, sliding his length in and out of her, her legs wrapped around his waist, her moans getting louder and louder, filling the apartment.

The feeling of ectasy overwhelmed Addison, the knot in her stomach tightening, the feeling very much welcome.

"Holy fu-." Was the last thing Addison said before letting herself unravel, her orgasm hitting her hard. 

Luke came a little after her, sweat dripping off his body onto hers, softly like the rain that was kissing the street outside.

He had a smile on his face as he cuddled her, a sheet being the only thing covering them, his arms wrapped around her waist and stomach, his head resting on the white pillows, Addison's head resting on his chest.

He looked down at her, kissing her hair, looking at her the same way that he looked at Charlie but it wasn't the same. The feelings weren't the same. The way that Addison and Luke were compared to the way that Charlie and Luke were was nowhere near the same.

The bedroom door opened.

Luke looked up and met the saddened stare of his girlfriend of a year and ten months, Charlotte Macintyre. 

All he could feel was guilt and shame as he untangled himself from Addison and sat up on the bed, sliding on a new pair of boxer briefs.

He walked over to Charlie, wanting to hold her and hug her, wanting to take the pain away but she stepped back, tears already down her cheeks, her eyes staining red along with her cheeks, her nose running like a faucet, causing her to sniffle. 

Charlie didn't want his sympathy. She was more than raged, she was seething at what Luke did. Wasn't she good enough for him? Didn't she treat him well enough? Did he even love her?

Charlie slammed her head into a wall mentally as she hiccupped, caused by her crying.

"Charlie, I'm so sor-"

Charlie left before she could hear any of his excuses and fall for his tricks. Just as she walked out, Evie walked in, a cigarette in between her fingers and smoke slightly escaping her lips.

"Are you okay love?" Evie asked, putting the cigarette out and following her back out into the light rain.

Charlie couldn't say anything. What had just happened left her numb. Talking wasn't the best thing so instead Evie took a hold of her arm and walked her down the street and into the local Starbucks.

She ordered two hot chocolates, milk for herself and white for Charlie. 

Evie wrapped her hands around the cardboard Starbucks Coffee Cups and walked back to Charlie, setting the hot beverage in front of her and taking a sip of her own. 

Evie smiled to herself as the hot liquid travelled down her throat, causing a warm feeling in the pit of her stomach. She licked her lips slowly, moistening the dry skin, taking another sip of the hot chocolate.

Charlie looked down, distraught was the only feeling that she knew of at the moment because that was all she was feeling.

She looked at the time on her iPhone, standing up along with Evie, the chairs making a slight scraping sound along the wooden floor.