An important subject

Okay guys. Something that I really want to address is picking animals up off the street and bringing them home. Now I know that a lot of you do this, and I'm not here to get mad at anyone, there are just a few things I want to talk about involving this topic.

First:
You have to keep in mind that the animal you found could be someone's pet who got lost. A lot of the time pets, especially cats, will "run away" from their owner's house and get lost. I'm not going to get into the whole "Maybe you should be asking why they ran away" thing because there are several reasons why it can happen and it isn't always because the animals are unhappy. Two of my dogs have attemped and succeeded to run away a couple of times and it's just because they really want to explore, not because they are unhappy (And before you ask, yes we got them back everytime and both of them are sleeping on my bed right now) and when they first ran away we found them a post on Facebook by the person who found them and I got irritated because a lot of the comments were saying "Oh you can keep them and they can be friends to your dogs!" the reason I got irritated is because these people seemed to be completely obvlious to the fact that there could be (and there was) someone who is panicking and who really misses their dogs (and we were). Don't be those people, keep in mind that someone might really love that animal and really misses them.

Before you commit to keeping them look on facebook (I know a lot of people don't use it anymore but it's the best way to find missing pets in your area in my opinion) on a missing pets group to see if anyone is missing an animal or any other website or anything to see if someone lost their pet and if you don't find anything then make a post that you found an animal and see if anyone responds or take it to the vet if it doesn't have a collar on to see if it's microchipped.

Second:
The second thing is to talk to your parents. A lot of you already have pets and before just bringing an animal home you have to talk to your parents about it because they'll know if they have the money to take care of that pet because let's be honest you're not the one who's going to be paying for it's vet bills and food.

Third: 
You need to consider if you can really look after it. And I know a lot of you are going to just be responding "Yes I can!" because you want to keep the animal but I want you to REALLY think about this. Between school, homework and anything extra do you really have the time to feed it, groom it, train it, take it for a walk (if it's a dog) feed it at least twice a day depending on the animal, and take it to the vet if it gets sick. Remember, this is a living, breathing being and it'll need all of your attention, and you can't just expect your parents to take care of it because that's not fair and they already have to take care of you.

And the four thing to consider:What are your local laws? A lot of places have laws for how many animals you can keep, ex here you're only allowed to keep 3-5 dogs depending on your yard size. If you already have animals then you should first make sure that it's okay for you to adopt any more, I don't want you guys to get a fine.

And that's everything I can currently think of. And remember, I really want you guys to really think about this. Adopting an animal isn't a joke or just an everyday thing, it's a process. 

If you have any questions then please leave them in the comments or PM me and I will be sure to respond to them as soon as I see them. 

Quint out